1

sᴏʟᴀɴᴀ ʟᴏɢᴀɴ
ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ ᴄɪᴛʏ

It poured heavily as I slipped my feet into the birkenstocks I had just bought. Putting my hair in a messy bun, I grabbed my keys to my bmw not caring how I looked at the moment.

All my classes had just been finished for the day and I still needed to make a trip to target. I had just moved to this Apartment in New York.

I'm originally from St. Louis, getting out of there was refreshing. All they do is kill and suck dick there but i'm not gone lie I do miss Imos and the fried rice but the chopped cheese here make up for it sometimes.

"Solàna Imani Logan." I heard my brothers voice say from behind me. I froze right in my footsteps. I knew exactly what he was about to stay.

"Where the fuck you going?" He asked grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

I've been living with my brother on my mothers side. My mother passed when I was younger. All her family is up here, she moved away from here to stl when i was younger and that's where she met my father and had me. She left here to get away from this niggas nut ass father. Now i'm stuck with the crazy ass excuse of a brother.

"To target to get stuff for the Apartment. It feels empty. We haven't decorated yet." I told him, he walked up to me pulling out his wallet, and handed me a card.

"The pin is 6789, don't forget it." He said and he looked down at what I had on and shook his head then went upstairs. He didn't talk much at all but he provided for me. He gave me everything, I never had to touch a job down here, I was straight.

"Thank youuuu!" I yelled from downstairs and I heard a small "You welcome" letting me know that he heard me. Off to target I am.

...

The glasses that sat on my face told me well enough that the target was practically empty, it must've been a slow day.

Only bougie black people and white folks shop here anyway. The white folks here be a lil bold but it's not worse than walmart I can tell you that much.

Walking around, grabbing things from shelves that I felt would fit around the Apartment such as candles, wall decorations, stickers and more. My cart was filled to the brim by the time I was finished.

I couldn't help but notice this really cute snow globe at the very top of the isle I was in. I was in fact way too short to reach. I wish I actually was as tall as I look. I just have long legs with a short body if that makes sense. I tried standing at my tippy toes.

I saw an arm reach from behind me and grab exactly what I wanted. I turned around to be greeted with a very handsome boy. He had plaits in his head, smooth caramel skin that his grills complemented. He was very tall and skinny too. He was tatted all over too and he smelled like weed and a bit of creed cologne.

I wasn't a stranger to hood niggas, hell, that's all i ever really was attracted to and it didn't really help that all of my brothers friends was some hood, scamming ass niggas, every time they came over I could barely come out. For some reason my shy quiet ass was always picked to get showed why i just need to leave these hood ass niggas alone. I just can't. Not when it's what i've grown up with an example as a real man my whole life.

"Here." He said handing it to me, we both kept eye contact with each other. His eyes were low and red, scaring me a bit. He was high. He looked dangerous.

I gave him a small smile, "Thank you."

He didn't say anything else, just looked me up and down before licking his lips, "mhmm" He replied his short way of saying thank you before he walked away.

Shit he was fine. Too fine almost. And the way he was looking at me. Lord. He must wanted to make a baby right there.

On my way home I couldn't get him out my mind, I don't know much about New York niggas. All i be seeing is hooka and that shit for females, I don't know but he? Was something nice. I wished he would've asked for my number or some shit. I'll meet him again hopefully.

....