14

Solàna

I woke up dreading today only to realize that it was winter break, thank goodness.

I was happy. I get to decorate my house and-

"SOS BRING YO ASS DOWN HERE!" I heard my brother yell and I knew I was in trouble just from the tone of his voice.

Fuck did I do now ?

I hurried downstairs, hair messy, shorts riding up and sports bra half zipped. I looked confuse for a minute then I saw Michael and I knew it was something.

"You skipped school to be with this dick head?" He asked and I looked at him in disgust.

"NO! I mean yes but it wasn't to be with him he wakes me up too early sometimes and I was tired and got excused from school that day and he sorta picked me up and I accidentally on purpose fell asleep on his couch and yea." I breathed and he looked at me and shook his head.

"When she homeless her ass better call you cause I swear to god you let this lil girl do anything." Treyvon told Michael.

"How?" Michael asked tearing up a 10 piece that I was gladly finna tear down with him.

I walked up to him taking a wing from his plate and eating it, "Here try the fries, I know you love them." Michael said feeding them to me.

"Mhmmm this is good." I whispered.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked me and I shrugged, "Good I think Idk, I woke up thinking I had school."

"Same that's why I'm here-

"THE FUCK YOU MEAN HOW, I swear y'all act like two fucking idiots when y'all together." He said storming upstairs. I laughed and continued to eat.

"Think we just made him mad." He said and I turned to look at Mike before shrugging.

"What you doing today?" I asked him, and he turned his head, something was off.

"You're keeping something from me what it is?" I asked with an raised brow.

"I am taking a girl out today."

My heart paused for a bit, i didn't quite know why, it was step back. I should be happy for him, right? I mean ofc I am, it's Mike, my second big brother.

"Oh wow, well um...I'll see you later I guess. Have fun, im happy for you." I said softly with a very fake smile.

I think he could tell and kissed me gently on my cheek,

"You will always be my number one girl sos, but spending this much time together is bad, really bad, so before one of us gets hurt, distance." He admitted and I stepped back in disbelief.

"Distance Michael, i watch you bleed in my arms and you tell me distance? I've taken all of my time to tend and care to you and now it's "distance"?-

"Solàna." He said pulling me together as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Tell me what you felt when I just told you I was going out with a girl."

"I mean I felt happy for you of co-

"Tell me what you actually felt Solàna!" He raised his voice.

"I wanted to be happy for you but I couldn't something...something was telling me to be otherwise, but no, me being jealous would mean a bunch of other stuff." I whispered and he held onto my hands.

"Exactly, so all of that other shit has to cease because trust me I feel it too, but you know like I know that anymore and we fuck everything up, you hear me kid?" He asked and I turned my head.

"I said do you hear me?" He repeated.

"Yes Michael, I hear you." My voice cracking.

He stood up and kissed my forehead, both of my cheeks then lastly my nose, then wiped my tears.

"I love you, you need anything you call me pretty girl, I'll be right here always." He said and I nodded my head.

"I love you more." I said as he headed towards the door.

"There's not a chance kid." He said and i laughed softly.

Well um...that was something, and happened way too fast. There's a lot to unpack here.

I-
Me and Michael had feelings for each other. That's ummm major but it'd be wrong, really wrong, super extra, enormous, hella wrong.

So distance? this is bullshit.

Hate when my feelings get hurt, I start using white ppl curse words.

I looked around, glad that a twist like my brother still being down here listening to our whole conversation, that'd be super fucking collateral damage, he would kill me- us, if he found out.

I walked upstairs wiping the access tears, eyes puffy, bumping into my brother on my way to my room.

"Hey sos, you wanna know something funny?" He asked and I looked at him confused.

"Dante's reason for shooting mike was you, you were it, he thought Mike was like in love with you and all that weird shit. Which is fucking crazy? That was deadass the dumbest shit I've ever heard." He laughed and i sniffled before laughing.

"Me and Mike would never, we're like...blood."

I lied.

I was in my room getting all pretty? For what reason? I don't even fucking know, my life was like eh right now, shit so getting pretty helps by a lot.

My brother was here tonight, actually for the first time, in i don't know? Months.

I walked out my room , I heard quite a lot of yelling coming from his room, i was never the nosey type buttt here I was outside his room, all ears.

"I TOLD YALL NIGGAS STRICTLY TO NOT LET HIM OUT, HOW THE FUCK DO YALK LET HIS SKINNY ASS GET PASS YALL."

"I hope y'all know this shit means war right, everybody in this fucking city, INCLUDING DAMON, will be on us, this on YALL. I swear to fucking god man, I stay for one night, thinking I'd stay with sos, ONE FUCKING NIGHT."

"Some Niggas getting  fired after all this shit over, i promise you, WHERE THE FUCK IS MICHAEL?"

"THE FUCK YOU MEAN HE HAVENT ANSWERED HIS PHONE."

and from that point foward...id promised myself to never ever listen to another one of his calls because not only was Michael no where to be found, neither was Dantè.

and who the fuck is damon ?