47

The moment I stepped inside our home, every memory I shared here resurfaced my mind and my eyes closed for a moment before I opened them taking it in.

It was clean...but felt empty like something had been taken away from it. Which was me. I looked at Michael who placed my things next to the door.

I had came to the realization that Michael had to live in the emptiness of the home. I felt so guilty as the man in front of me grabbed my hand guiding me through the house that I used to roam through freely.

As we made it to our room I stopped and he looked back at me. My eyes welled up, I was scared to go in. Scared to see what it had turned into without me.

Michael stepped behind me and opened the door slowly, I looked in it from a distance and it was empty, all my things seemed to be in place and so did his.

"I couldn't-I couldn't sleep in here so I slept downstairs so none of the room has been messed with." He said quietly and my heart broke even more.

He guided me inside, chills waving over me as I stepped inside.

I sat down on his side of the bed, avoiding my side of the room.

He went into the bathroom but I only followed behind him, scared to be left alone. He understood so he didn't mind.

He started bath water and placed soap in it.

"I bought sushi every other day just in case you um...came back so there's some downstairs. I know you must wanna relax so this bath water is for you." He said softly.

The more he brung up what he did in my absence my heart broke because I couldn't imagine how he must've felt, having to be where I used to everyday.

I took my shoes and socks off, he helped with his hoodie and the sweatpants.

I was about to get into the water and he was about to leave the room but I grabbed his arm.

"Stay please." I whispered and he looked at me for a moment before staying.

He pulled up a stool and watched as I got in. The hot water against my skin caused me to shed a tear, I finally felt at home.

As time went on he began to wash over me but the minute his hand glided over my neck I flinched as memories of Ace washed over me.

He looked at me with the saddest eyes realizing why I flinched.

"I'm sorry." I croaked and he shook his head, "It's okay, i understand." He insisted.

He then took his clothing off and got in with me, his eyes never left mine and mine never left his until he placed me into his arms, my back against his chest, the skin to skin contact allowed me to relax in his arms.

"How come you didn't come get me?" I cried quietly, my cries getting louder and louder. My cries were so broken and heavy.

I always was a quiet crier but tonight my cries echoed through every wall within this place.

And he just sat there holding me as I did so.

"I got you." He whispered repeatedly in my ear as I cried.

After an hour of crying in silence it was finally time to get out. As we got out he wiped my face with his hand.

Then wrapped the both of us in a towel.

We both stepped into the room, hand in hand. I went into our closet, not bothering with looking at my things. I went straight to his clothes and picked the closest thing that smelled like him and it was one of his big shirts.

I pulled it over him and put on a pair of his polo underwear and he watched quietly before changing in his clothes.

He grabbed my hand and brung me downstairs as we got the sushi bringing it up to the room.

I got into his side of the bed, still avoiding my side. He sat on my side, pulling me over to him, it was comfortable on my side as long as he was there.

I was on top of him now and his back was against the headboard. We just stared at each other for a while until i finally opened the sushi and he fed it to me, we both ate it in silence. I was just taking him in, I just wanted to be here.

All that talking could wait I just needed to feel him.

I could see him getting sleepy so I turned the light off after we finished eating and went right back on top of him.

I closed my eyes in discomfort before breaking out in tears.

"I can't sleep." I whispered to him and he rubbed my back.

"I can't either." He sighed.

"I don't wanna wake up gone again." I expressed to him, hyperventilating almost.

"You're not princess, I promise im right here forever." He said softly and i wiped my eyes.

"Promise?" I asked softly.

"I promise."

Soon enough my breathing matched up with his and both our  eyes were close, my body was propped up on his with my head in his neck as his arms wrapped around in my back.

It had felt so good yet so painful to be here with him.

...

Authors Note