37

Even after what Carmen had told me, the moment he had called me down for dinner, I refused.

I didn't want to eat with him but it was useless because after 15 minutes Ace was knocking at my door.

"I'm not hungry." I said softly as I stared at the fireplace from the edge of the bed.

My stomach growled in contrast. I was definitely starving just refused to eat in front of him.

"Solàna open the door." He demanded, I just sat there until I heard keys unlock the door.

He looked at me and I looked at him. He was in a dress up shirt and slacks, different from his attire that he wears at the gym and to pick the girls up from my school.

"You look beautiful." He stated calmly as his eyes raked over my face and body.

I didn't say anything, I was ignoring him, there's no way he was getting another word out of me.

He gave Carmen a look then soon after, 2 plates of fried steak, mashed potatoes and corn was placed in front of me. It looked good but I refused to eat.

Carmen left and he began to speak, "I have searched for you everywhere. A woman like you, driven, gorgeous, and smart. Your kind is rare." He spoke smoothly, like he had waited to say these things to me.

"Whatever I had going on with your brother, did nothing for why I picked you. I didn't know who you were until I seen you run into that house yesterday night. I was gonna pick you anyway, even if me and your brother hadn't had any type of problems, I was always going to pick you Solàna."

My body shuddered at the way he said my name, the way he spoke as if I was some toy.

He began to eat and I soon followed after him, I could eat and not speak to him at the same time. I noticed him finished before me and watching as I finished the rest of my meal.

"Would you like seconds?" He asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

I shook my head no, he grabbed our plates handing them to Carmen.

He then grabbed two water bottles out of the mini fridge and handed me one, i drunk it all and he only took a sip of his.

"Your pajamas are in the closet, I'll be in the shower if you need me."

I watched him go into the shower without another word.

I went into the closet, and changed into the pajamas with was a silk tank top and boy shorts.

There was also a bonnet which I laughed at for some reason as I put it on.

I figured while he was in the shower I'd do a bit of exploring so I put on some socks and headed quickly as possible out of the door telling Carmen to please not say a word to him.

As I roamed the house I started to get lost, it was like a castle almost.

All this space for what ?

As I roamed I came across a room filled with books, like a lot of books. I read sometime but not enough to know this many authors.

I searched each shelf for my favorite, pride and prejudice, I couldn't find it. I could at least sneak a book as some type of entertainment in this dungeon.

As I crawled on a stool I realized I was too small to reach the top where all the romance seemed to be.

I heard the door open and saw Ace walk in, his shirt was off and he was in a pair of grey gallery dept sweatpants.

All of his tattoos were visible, "Do you need help getting something?" He asked and I shook my head.

I didn't want his help. I just got down from the stool and walked towards the door continuing my  exploring. I came across the kitchen which was huge.

I opened the cabinets hoping to find a snack or something, he was black im sure he had some types of snack.

I came across oatmeal cookies and started to eat them.

As I was eating my last one I heard Ace walk in, "There is milk in there if you'd like some."

I opened the fridge and saw that he was right so I grabbed the milk and then I searched for the cups. They were in fact at the highest shelf.

Why was everything so tall in this house ?

I hopped on the counter but then I watched a hand much larger than mine grab a glass cup and pull me down from the counter.

His touch was cold unlike Micheals. Micheal was warm and home.

Him on the other hand, he was cold and vacant. Like it was nothing there until you really dug deep. I didn't like it. Even his scent screamed cold, I couldn't describe but he smelled of no remorse and emptiness. It was a nice smell but the vibes from it wasn't pleasant.

I missed Michaels touch, I missed his warmth, his coziness. His ability to get me comfortable anywhere and anytime.

I pulled from his touch but he still stood over me, "Do not hop on the counters and other furniture , I will be here when needed to reach the things you want. You just have to tell me."

He poured my milk in his cup and handed it to me.

As I drank it he spoke to me, "Your silence worries me a lot," he started, "I know I haven't done the best for you but I will be patient with this shock or whatever phase this is."

There is no phase, I just won't speak to him. He's no good. 

After drinking the milk I followed him back to our room, I made sure I stood behind him but not too close. But close enough to where I'll know my way around here soon enough.

He opened the door for me, "There's a tooth brush and a face towel in the bathroom."

"Do you want me to go to another room for the night?" He asked and I nodded my head.

He sighed and closed the doors, there's no way he thought he'd be sleeping in the same bed as me.

I washed my face and got into the bed, I turned the light off and sighed as I got underneath the silk sheets.

I missed home, I missed Michael. I wondered how my brother was doing, how he may have reacted to the news of me missing. My family and even Liana.

I teared up at the thought and shortly after closed my eyes.

Dreaming of home.

...

Authors Note

Comments

Concerns