16

sólana

it poured heavily of snow as i sat in the leather seats of my car. It was very cold today. I sipped on my Arizona tea with my feet crossed and my eyes focused on the criminal minds that played on my phone.

I was waiting on my food to be brought to my car, i wanted to get away from my house for a minute and sushi was all I wanted at the moment. 

I felt a knock at my window and I rolled it down, a pretty redhead rolled down the window. She was gorgeous and I loved complimenting people.

"You are so pretty." I told her softly as she handed me my food and she smiled.

"Awn thank you, so are you." She told me.

"You're welcome, have a nice day and thanks for the food."

"You're Welcome, be safe!"

"You too."

I loved manners when talking to people. Especially workers since I know how it is to work at fast food places and all especially being young. It's a lot.

I grabbed my chop sticks and started eating and mentally reminded myself of what my brother had asked me.

Only to see that he had already texted me on iMessage, i opened it.

Dantè
Im sorry.

The words on my screen took me by surprise, but also didn't impress me or anything.

Me
For...

Dantè
Yk what im sorry for sos, i fucked up big time and i just want to apologize.

I rolled my eyes, he was pissing me off already.

Me
I know everything, it's gonna take a lot more than apologizing for me to ever want to speak to you again.

Dantè
Can we talk, like in person?

Me
I can't trust u anymore and after what u did to Michael, i can't...i can't trust myself around you anyways.

Dantè
Sos, i js wanna see you one last time.

I paused from the text messages and called von.

"How do i...um ask him where he at?"

"Just ask him, he wanna see you right?"

"Mhmm."

Me
where are u ?

Dantè
I never stopped sharing my lo w you sos.

as if that was supposed to make me feel any better.

I checked his location and he was at target, where we met, the first time.

I was confused.

Dantè
You see ? I want my last moments with you.

Hurry up sos, i don't have much time left.

I wondered why he was talking like this, it was scaring me cause god only knows what he was planning to do.

I called up von again.

"He's at the target by us but Von can you um...let me lead he's talking like he's about to kill himself and although i hate the nigga i know you don't want him killing himself do you?" I asked and I heard him punch something on the other end.

"We need him for information, i know he'd never hurt you but like I need you to stay on the phone the entire time. I'm on my way up there." He said and a sigh of relief left my mouth before finishing the rest of my sushi and heading to target.

it wasn't late but it tended to get dark earlier so i had to hurry before then, i checked in with him from time to time and once I was finally there I told him to come to my car and when I noticed him walking up to my car my heart stopped and I dialed von's number for safety.

"Yea von, he's here. You see him?" I asked softly and he replied with a yea.

There was so many ways that this could go wrong.

I rolled down my window as he approached my car, he looked...like i wasn't in his life anymore.

Hair messy, his grills no longer there and his eyes low, a few bags underneath them, through all of that somebody would still be able to find him attractive.

"Hi." I whispered and he didn't say anything, i guess he was analyzing my appearance just as i was his.

"Um...hey...you look umm...you look good." He stuttered and this was my first time ever seeing him nervous or shy.

"Why...why'd you do it Dantè?" I asked looking at him, hands shaky, and my eyes daring to let tears fall.

"Instead of just loving me you made my life a living hell, you know that ? You could've killed him dantè and you just...you just stand here acting like everything is okay. I've heard your reasons and I can't wrap my head around it. At all. So you tell me the real reason, you tell me the truth right now." I said frustrated, I regret this so bad.

"And I will sos I'll let you know everything, but know that I am not a bad person, know that I have my reasons, know that our time here was so small sos, if only I was given more." And I could visibly see tears fall from his eyes.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING LIKE THAT DANTÈ, stop!" I yelled and he just stood there.

"Can...can I get in, I got something I need to give to you." He told me and I was hesitant but also not in my right mind and I did.

He sat in the passenger seat, and handed me a cd, along with 3 notebooks.

He went to wipe my tears and I flinched.

"Everything you wanna know is in there, start to finish, my only wish is that you don't look at me differently, ever." He told to me firmly.

"I want you to listen and read everything, from beginning to end, i thank you for being the one person to make me fold in my mission. To pull me away from my bad sos. I'm sorry I can no longer stay here. But I'd rather leave than be here and hurt you anymore than I have."

"Dantè what the fuck are you talking about?" I yelled, he kept saying shit that wasn't right.

By this time I knew my brother was on his way to my car.

"I refuse to live in the same place as you, knowing I'm forced against you. Thank you for being my vulnerable point."

He looked me in my eyes before, kissing me gently on my forehead and a loud blaring sound caused me to jump and my eyes to go wide.

Blood splattered all over me and the seats to my car, my brothers yell from a distance.

"YOU CALL 911, and stay here, i can't be caught, I'll meet back with you at home."

And although this all felt surreal I couldn't stop looking at Dante's lifeless body in my lap, blood pouring all over my.

My eyes couldn't believe what it had saw, I was in a moment of shock, unable to move or think.

My eyes brimmed with tears and before I knew it the police were here.

and there was another blood filled night.

...