Chapter 1 - Minal

It was a Wednesday evening and we were just about going to the airport to welcome my elder sister, Ya Siyyama. She had been in the U.K for almost a decade studying Medicine.

That was actually where we grew up at before relocating to Nigeria, but then she chose to go back and study there. I also wanted following her but dad and mom didn't allow me.

Ya Siyyama was really lucky, and now that she was finally coming back to Nigeria everyone in the house was happy. Well, I was more happier because I miss her more.

"Minal, the car is ready fa!" Said my mom as she walked into my room. "Subhanallah, you are still not done?"

"Yes mom, just a little more makeup and I would be done" I said putting on some lipstick on my soft lips.

"Gosh!" My mother muttered. "Are you going to a wedding party or to the airport to welcome your sister?"

"To the airport of course mom, I just need to look good" I huffed turning over to her. "How do I look, mom?" I asked.

"Fabulous!" She beamed at me. "You look fabulous, now can we go?" she wrinkled a brow at me.

"Sure mom!" I beamed back at her, grabbed my veil from the bed and then trailled her downstairs.

Just as we were finally in the parking lot outside about entering the car, I quickly recalled something. I forgot my phone in my room!

Unfortunately, before I could return back to the mansion my mom got hold of my hand. "Where to? You are not going anywhere, Minal" she said without even waiting for me to tell her where I was going to.

"But mom, I forgot my..."

"Whatever it is, you will get it when we return!" She snapped at me, and that was how we drove off without ME getting my phone.

As soon as we arrived at the airport, we found Ya Siyyama waiting for us outside with a handsome looking man standing by her side. She was so overwhelmed and happy to see us as we stepped out of the car.

She quickly ran over to us and hugged our mom so hard like she was going to squeeze her into dust. When our mom complained, she apologized and then loosened the tightness of the hug.

"I miss you, mom" she said.

"I miss you too, Siyyama. And so does the rest of the family. We all miss you" Our mom said.

"Thank you, mom" she said as she gently pulled away from our mom.

She then looked at our dad with a teary face, "Dad!" she hugged him as well.

While they talked, I stared at the guy we found her with. He was really good-looking and attractive. I had never seen a handsome man like him before.

Suddenly, he smiled at me and for some unknown reason I felt butterflies in my stomach. I then blushed and gently averted my gaze from him. I was shy.

Just then Ya Siyyama abruptly hugged and gave me a peck, telling me how much she miss me. But all that while, I was carried away by the thought of that strange guy.

"Mom, dad..." she said after pulling away from me gently, "this is Imran," she continued, "we met at Oxford" she then turned to the guy, "Imran, these are my parents..."

I looked at him as he bowed to dad and mom, greeting them with full respect while Ya Siyyama smiled joyfully.

"And this is my junior sister, Minal" she introduced me to him.

"Nice to meet you, Minal" he said to me with a cheerful smile on his face.

"You are welcome" I smiled back at him, trying as hard to avoid eye contact with him. He was too handsome, you know? And I wasn't ready to tipple just yet because of him.

After the introduction, we left due to the rain that was about to fall while he waited for his driver to come pick him up.

He was the son of Alhaji Mangal, a prominent businessman and the founder of NaturalGas Ltd.

His father also had shares in many new generation companies across the country.

***************

Yay! Chapter one is down. How was it?