Chapter 35 - Minal

Ever since Imran left for Russia, communication between us had mostly been on phone. Sometimes voice call and sometimes video call.

Not a problem though, however I missed him a lot. I really missed him. I wished he could just return soon, but from what I heard he would be spending another week there.

As for Barirah, I haven't heard from her for some time now. I once heard the place she relocated to had network issue, it was probably a village or an undeveloped geographical area.

While wheeling my dad to the garden for fresh (natural) air, he asked if I still intend to further my education before getting married. "Hmm!" I sighed, "With Masters degree, I think I am okay dad"

"Really?" he choked.

"Yes, dad. I have a brand new dream now, I really want to get married soon" I frankly said.

"Okay then, fine. But how ready is... Imran is his name, right?" he turned to look at me upward with an interrogative look.

"Yes, that's his name. And I think he's ready too, after all he has all it takes to keep a wife. But our relationship is still infant, do you think it's good for me to bring marriage issue now to him?" I asked and waited patiently for his reply as he turned and huffed, folding his arms across his chest.

"Well," he started, "as long as you guys have been friends for some time and you know much about him... besides, wasn't he Siyyama's colleague? Have you spoken to her?"

"She knows everything, and I... I think she's fine with it. I know if he's not a good guy, she will persuade Mom, you, or Goggo Sabuwa to come in between us" I said, trying to make things clear to him.

"Okay, but still, you should talk to your sister. I will also do my research, okay?" he uttered.

"Okay dad" I muttered.

As soon as we arrived at the garden, I went back and got some fruits for him in a tray. Pilled some and cut some for him in a plate to take. Thus, we gisted about random topics before I took him back for prayers.

I also went to my room to pray, and after praying Magrib I decided to call Imran. The call quickly entered, and when he picked the call I cleared my throat and greeted him.

"Hey, good... evening, sir" I sarcastically said, smiling broadly as if he was right there in front of me.

"Minal, how are you?" he said, sounding exhausted.

"Fine. How about you? Hope the business deal is going well?" I uttered in a soothing voice,

"Same here. The business deal is..." he said and then paused the moment a voice from the background chimed in, it sounded more like a feminine voice... and the person was asking if he needed more blankets for the night. "No, thank you" he said to the person and then bade him or her goodnight.

"Who's that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Someone you don't want to know" he said.

"No, tell me... please my love" I implored, trying to sweet-talk him into answering my question.

"Fine, it's Rahina. The ambassador's daughter" he responded in a very odd manner, as if we were fighting or something. And before I could utter a word, he bade me goodnight and then ended the call - that he was tired and needed some sleep.

That action made me to feel a piercing pain in my heart, I didn't expect it. Perhaps I pissed him off, but what exactly did I do wrong? He had never acted that way to me before.

***************

Finally, we are back to business!

Sorry for the long haul break, please.