Chapter 5 - Minal

When you go to bed thinking about something, then there is likelihood you will dream about that thing. That was exactly what happened to me last night. 

I slept off thinking about Imran and then I dreamed about him. In the dream, he came to see me and he brought a bouquet of flowers along. He then proposed to me.

Sounds funny, right? Well, I thought as much the fact that we were yet to know more about each other.

I really needed to try my best to talk to Ya Siyyama about him even though I knew it wouldn't be easy.

Or maybe I should just borrow her phone, search for his number and... that's all, mission accomplished?

But what if she later learned about what I did? She would definitely not entrust her things with me again!

After cooking breakfast, I helped mom in serving while Ya Siyyama went to call dad in his room. It was quarter past eight in the morning and soon he would be leaving for a meeting with the state's finance commissioner.

As someone who had worked in the Central Bank of Nigeria as director of currency operations before, he was regarded as a highly respected and knowledgeable person.

Many financial institutions would often invite him to their meetings, offer him contracts and also have him supervise some of their operations for possible correction and guidance.

Just as he arrived at the dining room together with Ya Siyyama, he smiled and asked who exactly prepared the breakfast as he was already salivating.

"Your wife mana, the mother of your children" Mom proudly replied him as she posed.

"No, haba. It's Minal dai" he sarcastically said gesturing to me, "Isn't it, Mamana?" he asked.

"Yes dad, but not only me o" I said as I partially covered my face out of shyness with the flexible part of the veil I tied. 

"Not only you? Does that mean Siyyama and your mom helped you?" he said obviously looking for our mom's trouble.

"She helped us dai" Ya Siyyama chimed in as she pulled a chair for him to sit down, "Minal was the one helping us while we did the main thing" she added, sitting down as well.

"Oh, really?" he playfully asked as he turned and giggled at our mom.

"We don't know!" Mom uttered feigning angry.

"Hhhhhh" he sarcastically laughed at her.

"Alhaji ni ko? Shikenan, zaka biya bashi ai" she said as she smiled evilly and looked away.

"Hmm, toh I am sorry my love" he said making both me and Ya Siyyama to look at each other and giggle. "Ki yi hakuri my love" he added reaching out to one of mom's hands, they were actually sitting close to each other in the dining.

"Bazan yi ba" she muttered as she pulled her hands away from his reach, pretending to be upset while giving him attitude.

"My queen, har abun ya kai haka?" he asked.

"Eh!" she said, "Kuma ka sani, ba a dakina zaka kwana yau ba. I won't allow you to sleep in my room today" she added.

"Ya Salam! Haba, Mommy kids. Wallahi I was only kidding..." he tried to explain things to her but she pretended deaf ears, "We all know nobody can cook more than you in this house, isn't it angels?" he turned to both me and Ya Siyyama for help.

"Yes, dad!" We chorused while trying hard to hide our laughter.

Just then, mom smiled. "Toh, na hakura" she said as she rolled her eyes. Sometimes if she do something you would think she was still a young lady.

"Thank you, my love. The mother of my children" dad said as he drew closer to her. Guess what happened next? Well, he pecked her on her cheek.

I didn't even know when I shut my eyes off. Old people with love? They should leave that to us already.

"Wayyo, my virgin eyes" I heard Ya Siyyama said as mom scolded her,

"Virgin eyes a gidan wa? Isn't this little compared to what you saw in the U.K?" she said.

"Hmm, mom!" Ya Siyyama whined.

"Yes now" mom said. "By the way," she continued, "we are getting you married soon gaskiya because you are no longer a small girl"

"Ahh, mom are you sending me away already?" Ya Siyyama asked feigning sadness.

"Eh, saura Minal da zata kammala karatun ta. Kuyi ku bar mana gidan ni da mijina" she said leaning her head on dad's shoulder.

We then laughed as dad pecked her again. Thus, we began eating our breakfast.

Dad then announced that his elder sister, Goggo Sabuwa would be paying us a visit later and that we should prepare a befitting lunch for her.

***************

Another update...
Happy Iftar in advance to you all.