Chapter 13 - Minal

After repairing my phone, the first person I contacted was Imran. But not as fast as you might think, I had to compose myself first...

And when I called him, he didn't even bother to ask how I got his contact. We greeted and he quickly ended the call as if he wasn't in the mood to have a conversation with me.

Well, I wouldn't blame him for the cold treatment. My sister had turned him down, you know? So, I guess he was still pained by the turndown or probably healing from the wound.

After the call, I turned on my data and quickly navigated to WhatsApp to see if he had saved my contact. Fortunately for me, it seemed like he did the fact that his profile picture, last seen, and other info were showing now.

Initially, they were all blank which means he had set his profile in a way only the people whose contacts he saved could see his profile information. Good for him.

I screenshot his profile picture, cropped it and stared at it for a moment – imagining spending the rest of my life with a handsome man like him. He was so handsome and everything about him was perfect.

I placed a kiss on the picture – knowing fully I was only wetting my screen – and then wore a broad smile on my face before placing the phone on my chest, as if hugging him in reality. Then I heaved a sigh and shut both my eyes off. 

The love I had for him was unimaginable, and I had never loved a man like him before (apart from my dad). Ever since I met him, not a single day would pass by without thinking about him.

The following day I decided to call him again, however to my utmost dismay he didn't pick my call. In fact when I kept calling he ended up turning his phone off or probably setting it on flight mode, either way I was told by the computer that his phone was switched off.

To say I was hurt by that was an understatement, even Ya Siyyama noticed the sudden change in me. Our parents too. They had all asked what was going on but I told them nothing, leaving them to wonder what exactly was wrong with me.

In the afternoon, one of our lecturers fixed a class around 3pm and luckily Sayyada was able to alert me in time. I drove to their house, picked her up and then drove us to school. How I hated afternoon lectures!

After the lecture, we headed back to the car. I had never told anybody about my feelings for Imran and I wasn't willing to, but the fact that I was hurting I decided to confide with her. Maybe, since they are religious in their house she could find a solution for me. Perhaps a special dua or something.

"Sayyada, what if I tell you I am in love?" I said concentrating on the road while driving.

"In... what?" she giggled, "No, not you! Ba dai Minal din da na sani ba" she said unbelievably.

"Hmm, that was then. Yanzu gaskiya na fada a rijiya. I am deeply in love, Sayyada" I confessed.

"Haba dai, but ya haka? I thought you said you don't give a damn about guys and won't fall in love with any of them until you are done with your..." she said as I cut in,

"Ke, bari kawai. It happened so fast, I have no idea why" I huffed.

"Hmm, lallai. But what kind of a guy is that? How comes he was able to steal your heart this fast?" she curiously asked.

"It's my sister's friend fa, but not boyfriend. They studied at Oxford together" I replied.

"Wow, and you think he's good for you?" she said folding her arms across her chest.

"Toh ni ban sani ba gaskiya, but he's kind and nice haka dai. Ni yanzu ban san ya zanyi da kaina ba, he isn't showing any interest in me and I deeply love him" I said, frustrated.

***************

Swipe down for another update...