Chapter 49 - Minal

Six years later...

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile at how slim I had become. Not that slim though, but I wasn't the chubby girl I used to be.

Things had really changed, you know? And I believe one of the reasons why I lost my weight was because I wasn't enjoying my marriage as I thought I would.

Of course there was money, we had three maids and we also had kids. Allah had blessed us with two lovely kids. The first one was Farida, she was five years old now. And the second one was Yasmin, she had just clocked three.

I loved and cherished them more than anything in my life. Imran loved them too, but being the kind of man he was now he didn't used to have time for them let alone me, their mother. He was always busy and preferred spending his time with people like Rahina.

That evil girl, she refused to marry and also refused to let my husband be. I did all my best to separate them but all efforts to no avail. He had once denied having anything to do with her, but gradually he admitted he was kind of into her.

It reached a point I begged him myself to just marry her so I could rest, but that didn't happen. He turned her into his business partner and would often travel to different countries with her in the name of business trips. 

That was the kind of life we were living now, and to be honest whenever I think about that the only thing I used to do is weeping. I would always cry my heart out in the middle of the night, praying to Allah to find a possible solution for me.

You may be surprise if I tell you Imran and I had not make love for the past three months now. I didn't complain though, because even when we had it last time I didn't enjoy it at all. My mind wasn't calm the fact that he was literally not mine alone. 

My mom advised me to keep on praying and to never give up. Dad however wanted me to end the marriage so I could have peace of mind. But how was that even a good idea? I will definitely end up depressed or crumbled if I end the marriage.

Seriously, I loved Imran a lot and leaving him was the last thing on my mind. Not when I already bore two kids for him. Although even if I didn't bear him kids, I don't think I could leave him that easily because the love I had for him was genuine.

"Mom, mom! Your phone is ringing!" Farida screamed as she ran into my room. "It's dad!" she added, handing over the phone to me.

I didn't even know the phone was with her. "Why do you like playing with my phone, Farida? As if you don't have iPad?" I scolded her.

"Sorry, mom!" she giggled, bouncing out of the room.

"Mtsww," I hissed and then cleared my throat before taking the call, "hello?" I muttered.

"Hi, Maman Farida. How are you?" Imran said, making me to feel like throwing the phone away.

I really disliked it when he call me with that, instead of the usual babe, my queen, my love, wifey, mommyn kids, seriously the Maman Farida sounds too local. 

"Fine," I muttered.

"And the kids?" he asked.

"Fine too!" I responded.

"Good. Gobe zan dawo In Shaa Allah, morning flight. So, pray for me please" he said.

"Okay. I will pray for you, but I won't pray for Rahina" I said, trying not to sound rude to him. 

"Koh?" he smirked, "But I can't remember telling you she's here with me" he said, trying to fool me. He thought I was stupid. 

"But she's there, I know she's there" I said, almost breaking into tears. "Don't tell me she's not there when I already know she's there" I added.

"Hmm, toh shikenan since you don't trust me" he said and then told me to take care of myself and the kids as if he still care.

"Na ji, you too take care of yourself" I muttered.

"In Shaa Allah, Maman Farida. Goodnight, I love you" he said as if he really meant it.

"I love you too" I said from the bottom of my heart before ending the call.

Thus, I withdrew from the bed and headed straight to the sitting room where Rumaisah was together with the kids. I had to tell her Imran was coming back the following day.

Actually, she disliked coming when he's around ever since they clashed some years back.

Just because she sent me the picture of him and that bitch; Rahina holding hands, he turned her into his enemy number one. He nearly fired her uncle even but I told him not to.

I also told him I wasn't going to cut ties with her because I see nothing wrong with what she did.

***************

Hmm, rough chapter koh?