Chapter 21 - Minal

My hunch was right, it was Imran's car. He alighted from the car and was welcomed by Rumaisah's uncle. They probably knew each other or the man worked at his father's company.

When they both walked past the canopy I sat in, he looked at me as if to say a word but then turned and headed straight to the main house. I couldn't say a word to him too, I was scared of being embarrassed by him.

He was always indifference towards me ever since Ya Siyyama turned down his proposal, but was it my fault? Well, it wasn't my fault and I didn't deserve the attitude he was giving me... nor the cold treatment.

Talking about cold treatment, I was willing to fill in the vacuum my sister left in his heart. I was willing to love and cherish him. To be his wife and to mother his kids. If only he could give me a chance!

When the event started, he came out of the main house and sat in the men's canopy together with Barirah's uncle. He looked so handsome in his blue caftan and multi-coloured northern cap. I kept staring at him, imagining how great my life would be with him as my king.

"Do you know him?" Rumaisah said, pulling me out of my trance.

"Who? Your uncle?" I asked pretending as if I didn't know who she was referring to.

"No, come on!" she giggled, "You know exactly who I am talking about" she said.

"Hmm, okay... the one sitting right next to your uncle huh?" I gulped.

"Yes, the fair guy in blue caftan" she replied, "Do you know him?" 

"Eh, but why asking?" I muttered.

"Well, you've been staring at him since" she smirked at me.

"Toh ai mun san juna. We know each other, just that I didn't expect to see him here" I said.

"Oh, I guess Uncle Garba invited him. They probably know each other" she said.

"Yeah, I guess so" I said looking towards his direction again.

"But is he single?" she asked.

"What? I don't know o!" I shrugged.

"Hmm, why did I even asked? For a guy to be this handsome, don't expect him to be single" she said.

"You can say that again" I muttered, already getting bored by her persistence on the topic.

Just then, she was called by a woman to come and join the rest in taking pictures with the birthday boy. "Okay, I am coming" she said and went to the woman.

While taking pictures, the weather started changing and wind began blowing gently.

The DJ quickly suggested through the mic that the program should be cut short as rain was about to fall.

However, the cake had to be cut first... so everyone waited until the cake was cut before they started leaving.

Imran was escorted to his car by Rumaisah's uncle while I patiently waited for Rumaisah and her siblings to get ready so I could drive them home.

Shortly after, she came and handed a takeaway to me in a nylon. "Be going, our parents will come and pick us later. And if they don't, we will sleep over" she said, which means they wouldn't be following me.

"Oh, alright then" I said and stood to my feet.

"Let me escort you to your car" she offered.

"Okay, thank you" I said and unhesitatingly began leading the way.

When we arrived at the parking lot, we saw Rumaisah's uncle still conversing with Imran despite the unfriendly wind that was bashing around.

After greeting them, the man called her and introduced her to Imran. "This is Rumaisah, she's my niece..." he said and continued.

But unfortunately, I was unable to hear the rest of his words as the aggressive wind took off my veil and began bashing it around.

"Subhanallah, my veil!" I shouted and began chasing it around the compound.

Just as I was about catching it, someone first me. And it wasn't just anyone, it was Imran. He got hold of it and then stared at me for a moment before handing it over to me.

"Thank you" I said and quickly wore it back while he continued staring at me.

***************

Another update ♥️