Chapter 23 - Minal

"If you see how your boobs were dangling, all the boys were just staring at you" Rumaisah sarcastically said, laughing through the phone.

"Shegiya kawai, I hope you are happy now for what you did?" I uttered, annoyed.

"What I did? Ban gane ba, what I did as in how?" she said, pretending as if she didn't know what she did.

"You forced me to change my hijab, remember?" I said, prompting her to burst into another scornful laughter.

"Did I really forced you? I only recommended it to you, remember?" she said, trying to defend herself.

"Makaryaciya (liar), have you forgotten how you dragged me to your room?"

"Dragged you? When?" she smirked. She was obviously joking with me.

"Zaki ci uban ki ai, bari mu hadu" I said, feigning angry.

"Yo, abun har ya kai..." she said as I ended the call,

"Mtsww" I hissed, activating flight mode.

I didn't want her to call again and disturb me, after all I had a lot to do in the kitchen right this moment. From pilling yam to frying it with eggs.

Bismillah... I withdrew from the bed, wore my head scarf and headed out of the room.

The moment I arrived at the kitchen island I met mom already pilling the yam. Nice!

I was somehow happy, but the way Ya Siyyama was smiling evilly, and how mom frowned her face, I just felt like something wasn't right. Perhaps I should just take over the work from her.

"Let me continue, mom" I said about grabbing the knife from her when she turned and glared at me.

"Sai yanzu kika ga daman fitowa ko?" she said, blaming me for not coming in time.

"Sorry mom, wallahi I was making a call that's why" I pleaded.

"Call?" Ya Siyyama chimed in, "So your call is more important than this?"

"No, Ya Siyyama, it's not like that..." I said as she snapped at me,

"Oho dai, go and continue with your call. But if you start feeling hungry later, Bunmi Restaurant is waiting for you. Daman an saba" she said infuriating me.

"Mom, kina dai ganin Ya Siyyama ko?" I complained to our mom thinking she would do justice for me, but then she sided her.

"Me ta yi? She didn't say anything bad ai, ke ce dai ba kya son gaskiya" mom said.

Her words hurt me badly. I didn't even know when I began feeling the presence of tears in my eyes.

In anger, I left the kitchen and went back to my room. How I hated humiliation!

I actually didn't deserve that from them, where was the motherly and sisterly love? All gone overnight?

What pained me more was the way our mom supported Ya Siyyama. I felt like I wasn't home seriously, I felt like I wasn't with my family, they had literally turned into strangers to me.

I took my car keys and left the house. While driving to Sayyada's house, I deactivated flight mode and dialed her number.

"Hello, are you at home?" I asked the moment she picked the call.

"Yes, I am at home. Any problem?" she asked.

"No, just want to come and disturb you a little" I sarcastically said.

"Right?" she giggled, "Sai kin zo toh"

"Alright then" I ended the call and concentrated on the road.