꧁•⊹٭𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙱𝚘𝚢 - 𝚅𝚘𝚕. 𝟸٭⊹•꧂

🌸 

SHUICHI POV

I wake up to the unbearable sound of the monokubs yelling into the monitor, alerting me to wake up. Something about today felt different from the last, as excitement flushed through me, and had absolutely why I had felt like this. Today had a quite special feeling to it that I couldn't recognize. Yet I ignored the thought and quickly got dressed, brushing the sprinkles of dust littering my uniform and wasting a full 5 minutes contemplating whether or not to wear my hat to breakfast. I decided to leave it behind, trying to fight off my addiction to wearing it. Plus, if things got out of hand, I could always come back for it. I briskly walked out of my dorm, venturing to the kitchen to fix myself a coffee and relax. I love coffee.

"Shumai!"

I instantly knew who that voice belonged to. My lovely boyfriend, Kokichi Ouma. I turned to witness him bouncing excitedly towards me, with a big box rested in his arms. I pondered for a moment. -Why does he have a box? And why does it have wrapping paper on it?- Suddenly everything clicked. The special vibe to the day, the present Kokichi was carrying, and why I had felt an overwhelming excitement earlier.
It was my birthday.
September 7th
I waved happily at Ouma as he inched closer, somewhat struggling to carry the present and running out of breath rather quickly. I quietly chuckled at his attempts, and watched him as he almost dropped the present onto the seat and collapsed into my arms, panting heavily. I continued to laugh at his childness and ran my fingers through his silky purple locks, while he impatiently looked up at me, before suddenly jumpscaring me by throwing his hands into the air.

"Happy Birthday, Saihara-Chan!"

I smiled as he aggressively hugged me like a human teddy bear, and I thanked him soon after. I watched as he began to speak, not expecting what happened next.

"Saihara-Chans a big meanie! He doesn't wanna open my present!"

He wailed, clearly attempting to make a dramatic scene as crocodile tears poured out of his purple orbs, hitting the floor with a slight splat. I rolled my eyes and picked up a present.

"Calm down Koki. I'm opening it now."

"Yay! Let's see what you get Shu-Shu!"
I gently peeled the checkered wrapping paper, revealing the box hidden inside it. I was a little scared to open it because it was from Kokichi, yet I still trusted him. Carefully, I opened the box, to reveal a ton of objects scattered inside.

"You didn't' have to waste all your money on me, y'know."

He grinned and put his arms behind his head, doing his signature pose.

"Don't worry! I used Momota-Chan's money instead!"

"WHAT?"

"You heard me, nishishi!"

I sighed and pulled out one of the objects, which was a stack of mystery novels. I swore he could see the stars in my eyes, even without looking. I studied the books, acting like a child on Christmas Day. If he got a cent for every time I said thank you to him, he would be rich. I peered down at the box, reaching for the next object. Mascara. I glared at him.

"Really?"

"Y e s"

I sighed and placed the mascara back into the box, pulling out a black coffee mug instead.

I smiled at the object, studying the designs decorating its outsides. Beautiful thin streaks of teal blue slashed across the side, and the deep black colour surrounding the lines.

"Thank you for this, Kokichi."

He smiled at me, swaying back and forth on his heels, his black and purple shoes digging into the tiles. I carefully placed the mug onto the table, and grabbed another object from the box. A checkered scarf. dug through the box to find the very last item. I let out a long relaxed breath as the last item sat perfectly in my hands. A realistic drawing of Kokichi and I, hugging each other. I peered up at my boyfriend, curious.

"Did you draw this?"

"Maybe."

I sighed and stared at the beautiful picture in my hands, before gently placing everything back into the box.

"Sidekick! Maki~Roll and I are here to wish you the best birthday to ever happen in the galaxy!"

"Shut up. You're just embarrassing yourself."

Maki sent a deadly glare at Kaito, making him shiver a little as he handed over the present. I ripped the wrapping paper that was littered with stars and gazed down into the box. I picked up the first item, which was a plastic covered CD of some sort. I inspected the disc, reading the information on the back. My Chemical Romance. I had been secretly wanting this for a while, yet would never admit it. The only person I told was Maki, because I know she honestly doesn't care about judging people other than Kaito and Kokichi. And maybe a few others that I shall not name. I peered back down into the box, double checking that I hadn't forgotten something. The only thing there was a 'Milky Way' chocolate bar that I would eat later.

"Atua told me to give this to you, Saihara~Kun!"

The random voice popped out of nowhere as I was thanking Kaito and Maki. I almost jumped off the chair in fright.

"A-Angie! How long have you been there-?"

"Only a few minutes, nyahahaha~"

I sighed and took Angie's present from her hands, the paper decorated with paint splotches and strokes. I repeated the process, open the box and find a new item to add to my growing collection. This time I had gotten a quite large paint brush, and a drawing of me. I gratefully thanked Angie for her gifts as Miu dramatically entered the room.

"Ayo virgin! I got something for you emo boi. Take it or leave it, it's from Miu Iruma herself! "

She sat down a few chairs away from me after handing me the box. I wasn't prepared. It was probably gonna be something sexual. To my surprise, it was a extra pair of her goggles, but just the way I would've wanted them. I've always told Miu her goggles looked cool, and now I was thanking her for giving me a pair.

"Also...Piano freak told me to give you this and say happy birthday for her."

She passed me a photo of Kaede and I playing the piano, which I admit seemed was a memory I would cherish forever.

As the day went by, I was almost buried in gifts and wrapping paper from all of my classmates. I got a load of new items, and I was grateful for all of them. Gonta had even gotten me a mini cage with a small caterpillar in it, so I could learn how the insect turned into a butterfly. And Rantaro got me a necklace that matches his. Tenko only got me some chocolates, claiming that she didn't wanna give me something better since I was a 'degenerate male'. Himiko had gotten me a beginners magic trick set and a guide to go with it. Tsumugi had sewed me a cool detective costume I had grown quite fond of. Kirumi and Ryoma had even offered to play board games with me and had rented me some books from the library. Korekiyo had gotten me a 'ritual guide', which I studied a little and was pretty interesting. Kiibo had even set up a huge slumber party for all of us. Kaede showed up eventually, claiming that she was helping Kiibo set up the surprise party.

I must admit, that was one of the most fun birthday I have ever had. Ever.

Word Count: 1302

Sorry this is so bad lol. Also happy birthday to Shuichi! He's my fave character : >
bYe-