꧁•⊹٭𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎٭⊹•꧂

🌸✨
!TW!
Mentions Slight Death

KOKICHI POV

It was about 5:00 in the morning and I was comfortably laying in bed when I was woken up by a hand roughly combing through my hair. I groaned and opened one of my eyes a bit, seeing Shuichi stare back at me with a little smile. I furrowed my eyebrows and closed my eye again, heaving the fluffy bedsheets over me and attempted to go back to sleep. I yawned and holding the plush bunny I sleep with closer to my chest. I could hear Shuichi huff, before hearing footsteps fade out of the room. I was curious, where was he going? However, I was incredibly sleepy, so I wasn't in the mood to get up and see, I was just glad he left and didn't try to get me out of bed again. Part of me wanted him to cuddle me though...

I slowly drifted asleep again before annoyingly being snapped awake by a door slamming. I groaned again and shifted around under the blanket, putting a pillow over my head to block out any future noises. All of a sudden, the freezing breeze from the fan in our room touched my leg, and I shrieked at the cold, throwing off the blankets to see that Shuichi had lifted a side up. He showed me that same innocent smile again, making me puff out my cheeks at him. I was in a really grumpy mood, obviously still tired. Once again, I tried to go back to bed, before my stuffed bunny was taken from my arms. I gasped and looked up at Shuichi who was holding it in his hands.

"Shuichi g-give it back!"

I accidently stuttered as I reached for the bunny in Shuichi's big hands, making him hold it up higher so I couldn't reach it. I haven't told Shuichi this yet, but that plush was the only toy I ever got from my mother before she... passed.

Shuichi looked surprised at my stutter, feeling a bit guilty. He knew I only stuttered when I'm either worried, sad, and extremely embarrassed.

"Babe... I will give it back after you get out of bed..."

My eyes widened, and I pouted.

"SHU, GIVE IT BACK! I DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!!!"

Shuichi furrowed his eyebrows and squinted at me. I gulped.

"Why are you so moody today sweetheart? You wanted your bunny, and I said you needed to get out of bed to get it. I didn't ask to deal with an angry Kokichi today, maybe I should go on a date by myself then!"

I looked at him, shocked. A week ago, I had told him that I desperately wanted to go on a date with him sometime. I remembered that whenever I woke up this week, Shuichi seemed to already be awake on his laptop, with dark eyebags. I realised this was all because of what I said... when I said I wanted to go on a date. He was searching up things so he wouldn't make us go on a date I didn't like...

"O-Oh... So that's why you tried to wake me up?"

He nodded before walking to the door and slowly turning the handle to tease me. I quickly jumped out of bed and ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and not letting go.

"I'm sorry Shu... Don't leave..."

He smirked and ruffled my hair, giving back my bunny and kissing my cheek. I looked away, blushing a little.

"Go get dressed baby... I'll wait for you in the living room."

I nodded, slowly walking over to my closet to grab my clothes. I chose what I wanted to wear before putting the clothes on and skipping to the door, ready to turn the handle before hesitantly looking back at my bunny plush, and opened the door. I gulped. I was always scared someone would judge me for having it... But I didn't want to leave without it, afraid it would get stolen. I sighed and decided not to bring it, happily bouncing up to Shu and hugging him.