Chapter 28 ・Someone to Rely On

Jumping from tree to tree, Itachi and Naruto thought about how long this journey would be.

"We still have so long to go.." Itachi said outloud.

"Yes, but we have to, don't lose hope okay?" Naruto said.

"Right, but I could only wish this journey was shorter."

"Hey, don't think like that.. we're here."

They both stopped.

"It's so hot here.."

They we're in the desert. The outskirts of the Village.

-Timeskip-

"Stop right there!" A guard took out his weapon. "Stay back, sir!" He said to Naruto. "That is Itachi Uchiha an S-Rank Shinobi!"

"Don't worry-" Naruto tried to consult him.

"What is there not to worry about!?"

Itachi pulled out his Sharingan, and the man passed out.

"It's easier this way.. No time to waste."

"Just-" Naruto facepalmed, "Don't do it in front of people. You're already labeled as a bad guy, remember?"

Itachi:

"You're right

"You're right.." He said. "My bad, I'll be more careful."

They both jumped on the roofs in the Village, trying to stay Hidden.

"Unlike the other Villages, Hidden Sand is basically a prison. The security is top notch here. They've had too many inside attacks to not be overly cautious." Naruto said, looking into a window at the Kazekage Residence. "We need to be careful. They won't negotiate with us, but Garra will."

They went looking around for a window leading straight into his office.

"There." Itachi pointed.

There was Garra, sleeping.

Naruto silently went over and opened the window.

Right as he was about to step foot into the office, sand shot out at him as Garra woke up.

Garra's eyes widened as he realized who he just shooed out his window.

"Naruto...!-" He quickly grabbed his hand before he could fall out of his reach.

Both him and Itachi lifted Naruto up to safety.

"I'm sorry, that's my defense mechanism for when I'm sleeping." Garra sighed.

"It's okay.." Naruto panted.

"Why is Itachi Uchiha in the same room as us?.." Garra said, his sand slowly gathering behind him.

"Don't worry!" Naruto grinned, slinging his arm around Itachi's shoulder. "He's on our side!"

"Since when?" Garra asked in shock.