Chapter 2 • Chances

Naruto woke up, a major headache taking over.

"Finally, it took you long enough." Kurama said. "Just in time actually...!"

'What are you talking about, Kurama?' Naruto thought, rubbing his head.

He felt the nine tails taking over his body.

"Transform!" Kurama said.

'Poof!'

Naruto looked different.

  (I don't own this picture

(I don't own this picture. His hair is going to be the way it was in Shippuden, but red instead of blonde.)

"AHHH!" Someone in the bushes beside Naruto screamed.

Naruto whipped his head to the left to see Genin Sakura.

Three others came out.

"Sasuke protect me...!" She grabbed onto Sasuke.

"S-sakura-chan.." Young Naruto whispered, frowning.

Kakashi whipped out a kunai, along with Sasuke, both taking a defensive stance.

"Who are you? What are you doing in the woods?" Kakashi asked, putting an arm in front of his students.

Naruto got up, on the verge of tears.

"I-I.." He chocked on his words, so Kurama took control of his body as to not look suspicious.

"I was traveling to the Hidden Leaf Village from The Land of Fire, that's all." He said in Naruto's voice.

Kakashi observed him carefully, not wanting to make the wrong move, especially with his students around.

'He doesn't seem like a threat.. plus, from the look in his eyes.. he's definitely seen some things..' Kakashi thought.

"Wow! You look cool!!" Little Naruto admired. "Can we keep him, Kakashi Sensei!? Please!?!?"

Everyone sweat dropped.

"Hahaha! You were such a loser! Hahaha!" Kurama laughed.

'I can't believe that used to be me..' Naruto thought.

"Idiot, we don't even know him!" Sasuke scolded.

"Yeah! My Sasuke-kun's right!" Sakura agreed.

"We can't "keep him", Naruto; but if he'd like, we can bring him back to the Hidden Leaf." Kakashi said.

Naruto looked at everyone. His teammates, his teacher, himself.

All of his emotions came rushing back, about to cry again.

"Nevermind, you're still a loser." Kurama bullied.