Chapter 17 • Enemy Alliance

"I'm like a double spy.." Hiroyuki whispered. "For both Orochimaru and the Hidden Leaf.."

He internally smirked as he found himself at a familiar cave.

'Out of boredom..' Hiroyuki thought. 'Maybe I should go in? Nah..'

He looked at the cave.

'Ah, screw it!' He ran into the cave without second thought.

"Kit, you've got to be kidding me!" Kurama scolded. "You could get killed!"

'Oh, come on! Just this once.'

Kurama sighed.

Hiroyuki looked around. It looked so plain, almost as if nobody was there.

"Hello!?" He screamed into the darkness. "Anyone here!?"

"..."

"Come on! There's gotta be-"

"Who are you?" A deep voice asked.

Hiroyuki smirked, not even trying to hide it.

"Pain. It's good to see you again."

"Hiroyuki Kazuki. We've heard so much about you. It seems you really do fit the public's description. Being so bold and all. The audacity it takes to walk into an S Rank criminal hideout, all by yourself. What do I owe this pleasure?"

"Oh? You aren't going to attack me?"

"I have no interest. You are very powerful, yes, but I doubt you'd join. Even if you did, I wouldn't need you. Once I get all of the tailed beasts, there is no more man power needed."

"So, you're staying true to your word? One goal and one goal only."

"I am not trying to kill or hurt anyone. I want peace, not hatred. Trying to take over the world would be the opposite of that."

"How oblivious can you be? You've killed thousands of people already."

"For the sake of the good."

"They were the good!"

"That's why they're heroes. They gave up their lives for the future generation."

"Against their own will."

"Too bad for them then, I guess?"

"You little-"

"We're about to have a meeting."

"..Let me join the meeting."

"....Fine."

The two walked towards the room, unfazed at each others presence, even though they were enemies.

"Akatsuki, we have a guest." Pain said.

The rest of the group snapped their heads towards their leader and the red-haired Jounin.

"Damn!" Hidan exclaimed. "You were able to round up a pretty exceptional shinobi!"

"Is he joining the group?" Itachi smoothly asked, looking at Pain suspiciously.

'I thought he would be loyal to the Hidden Leaf?' Itachi thought. 'What good would it do the Fourth Great Ninja War if he joined the Akatsuki?'

"No." Pain confirmed. "He will not be joining. Just tuning in on our meeting."

"What!? You really trust this guy!?" Kisame said.

"Yeah! What if he rats us out?!" Deidara stated.

An entire argument of denial and debation broke out.

"Silence!" Konan screamed. "The choice is officially up to Lord Pain! Your opinions have no right in this matter!