Chapter 16 • On Route

"Quiet, Naruto, he's waking up!" Sakura said.

Hiroyuki groaned.

"What happened?" He asked, faking confusion.

"Oh my baby, you're okay!" Kakashi said, hugging him.

"Yeah.. I'm fine.."

"Itachi put you under a Genjutsu.." Chiyo said. "That's dangerous.. Did he do anything to you? Perhaps say anything to you?"

"....No, he wasn't even there. It was just an empty void.."

Once again, he hated lying; but he had to make sure not to ruin Itachi's bad reputation.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal, why wouldn't he, well, I don't know, torture Hiroyuki like he did to Kakashi Sensei?" Sakura asked.

"Maybe he just felt bad?" Naruto inquired.

"Really, Naruto? He has no remorse in anything he's done before, so why would he now?"

"Well, I have no idea. Maybe he's gay for Hiroyuki?"

"Idiot!"

She hit him on his head.

"Does it really matter?" Kakashi asked. "Hiroyuki is okay, that's all that matters. Let's just be grateful Itachi wasn't feeling very "evil" at the moment."

They nodded.

"Oh yes," Chiyo said, "that boy wasn't Itachi, by the way. It was someone familiar from the Hidden Sand."

"I see.. Sorry for being a burden.. Let's continue the mission." Hiroyuki said.

After that some days passed.

Garra was safe, and so was everyone else.

Of course, Naruto met Yamato and Sai.

They ran into Sauce Gay.

SaucyGay got away.

Naruto was angry and so was everyone else.

"It's his birthday." Orochimaru told Hiroyuki.

"Not like he'd want to celebrate it.." Kabuto muttered.

Hiroyuki was bored until he checked the calendar.

It was Sasuke's birthday, and he just couldn't help but want to find a way to celebrate it.

So, he went over in secret to Orochimaru's Lab, wanting to see the duck boy.

"How are we going to play it off? I can't just walk up to him and say, 'Happy Birthday!'." Hiroyuki rolled his eyes.

"That's the thing." Kabuto said, messing around with some poison. "You don't."

"Then this would've just been a waste of time." Orochimaru said. "Let's just give him a present."

"That'd be weird."

"Too bad. I have a duck, I'll just give it to him as a pet."

"I have some tomatoes...?" Kabuto cut in.

"He hates you the most, Kabuto." Orochimaru snickered.

"He'll lighten up with some tomatoes." Kabuto gave a dismissive wave.

"Anyone have some wrapping paper?" Hiroyuki asked.

"Heads up." Orochimaru threw it at him. "What are you giving him, Hiroyuki?"

"Secret! You'll see."

Packing up their "gifts" for Sasuke, they were wondering if he would like it.

"Alright, I'll take it to him." Orochimaru said.