21 - Consequences Of Our Actions.

"Jinnie, that neighbourhood is not very good. Do you really have to do this? Or can't you atleast wait for me?"

Taehyung was not trying to listen to Namjoon's conversation but the worried tone of the elder caught his attention.

"Baby, I understand." Taehyung looked at Namjoon to see the elder rubbing his nose bridge with his fingertips. "But I'm worried about you."

Namjoon then looked at the clock which was showing the time as quarter to four. "I have an appointment at four. It will probably go till about 5.00pm."

Taehyung knew what the appointment is about and it was not something that can be rescheduled. Not with a short notice like that. However, it was something that Namjoon can manage alone so maybe, Taehyung could accompany Jin wherever the elder wanted to go.

"Uhh... hyung?" Taehyung tapped the table in front of Namjoon to get his attention. "Uhh.. if it's okay with Jin hyung, I can go with him."

Namjoon was stilled for about a second but then he gave a radiant smile. "Jinnie, you're okay if Taehyung comes with you, right...... okay, baby. I'll let him know the details."

Namjoon cut the line and looked at Taehyung with a happy smile. "He said he'll be delighted. Thank you for this, Tae."

"Don't mention it, hyung." Taehyung waived a hand dismissively. "Now where do I need to go?"

__________________________________

Taehyung reached the location in about 20 minutes and scanned the area for Jin. After driving around for few minutes, he noticed the elder standing in front of a shop, the most decent one in all neighbourhood.

Taehyung rolled down the window and called out. "Jin hyung!!"

A look of relief came on to Jin's face when he noticed the younger. He quickly walked to the car and got on to the passenger side. "Thank god, you're here!"

Taehyung gave a soft smile as a response. Due to the situation being worrisome, Jin seemed to have forgotten his usual nervousness around Taehyung and the younger found it rather endearing.

"So, where are we going?" Taehyung asked in a soft voice and Jin looked up from his phone.

"Just take this road." Jin answered as he looked at the GPS again. "I'll tell you the directions."

Taehyung hummed in agreement and drove as instructed by Jin. Little by little, they were going in to a neighbourhood even worse than the one they were in earlier.

Namjoon didn't say anything other than Jin was going to see the family of one of his students. Jin teaches at a kindergarten and apparently, one of  the students had been missing days frequently. When Jin had inquired about it, the boy had told that he needed to stay home to look after his mom.

While the young boy hadn't said anything much, Jin had noticed the warning signs and decided to go see his parents. Which would have been fine, if the said neighbourhood wasn't this bad.

"We're here." Jin suddenly exclaimed and Taehyung stopped the car. "Uhh.. maybe you should wait here, Tae. Let me just see how things are first."

Taehyung was rather reluctant but agreed nevertheless. The house was right next to where he parked the car so he should be able to hear if anything goes wrong.

Taehyung watched as Jin tentatively knocked on the door and was welcomed inside by a weak looking women. He then focused on the voices inside and found that it is a friendly situation. Taehyung relaxes against the car door, eyes closed but senses sharp.