48 - I Love Picnics.

Taehyung was making a coffee for himself when he heard the front door opening. He quickly came to the living room to see who it was, and was surprised to see Jimin walking in.

"Chim?" Taehyung asked with a confused voice. "I thought you were still sleeping."

Jimin snorted in an annoyed way before walking in to the kitchen. "Pfftt... as if I could have slept here last night."

Taehyung froze as his eyes widened in shock. "W-what?"

"I freaking told you that walls here doesn't hold any sound in." Jimin frowned at his friend. "I could have used a freaking warning."

"Oh."

Taehyung wished for the ground to split  and swallow him fully. He had totally forgot about it in the heat of the moment. They were quite loud last night, specially Jungkook.

Taehyung scratched his nape and looked at his friend with a sheepish grin. "I'm sorry man. It... uhh... totally skipped my mind."

"I think I'm scarred for life." Jimin huffed in an annoyed voice as he shuddered dramatically.

Taehyung chuckled at his friend, still very much embarrassed about the unfortunate situation. He proceeded to make coffee for Jimin, as a peace offering. He would have made breakfast too, but was worried that his poor talent in it would do more damage than good.

After coffee, Taehyung managed to prepare a simple breakfast, thankfully with Jimin's help. The latter kept muttering how 'Jungkook needs to have a good breakfast' and it might have been the only reason he agreed to help the other.

Taehyung then took the tray to his room, where his baby was still sleeping under the soft and puffy blankets. Jungkook's tattooed arm was peaking out of the covers, and Taehyung wondered for the nth time how the younger bared the pain of it.

The Jungkook he knew had a very low tolerance to physical pain, not that he had many instances in his life to test that. Jungkook was sheltered, protected and pampered by everyone around him so the notion of pain was very much foreign to him.

That is, until Taehyung brutally broke his heart and made the younger go through absolute hell. Guess the sting of a tattoo gun doesn't even come close to it.

Taehyung kept the tray on the bedside table and sat on the bed next to the younger. His fingertips gently traced the pattern on Jungkook's arm, starting from the back of his palm and going upwards till his shoulder, and back down.

Jungkook stirred from sleep for few seconds, before slowly opening his eyes.

"Hey sleepyhead.." Taehyung whispered in a soft voice, as his hand reached to cup Jungkook's cheek.

"H-hi." Jungkook snuggled in to the elders hand, making Taehyung internally cooed at that.

"I got you breakfast." Taehyung pointed at the tray and after glancing at it for a second, Jungkook looked at the elder with surprise.

"You made this?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Of course. Well, Jiminie helped too."

It took Jungkook only few seconds to comprehend the full implication of that sentence and he gasped loudly.

"Oh my God!"

Taehyung chuckled as the younger covered his face with his hands and cursed in to them. It looked really adorable that Taehyung had to give it about a minute before he tried to gently pull the hands away.

"I don't think he heard.. uhh.. much."

"Oh God, kill me now!" Jungkook wailed loudly, as he was utterly mortified. "He's never gonna let us forget it."

Well, Taehyung agreed to that hundred percent. Jimin will definitely remind it for a long time.

___________________________________

Taehyung told Namjoon and Jimin about his decision to return. They were saddened, specially Jimin, but they understood the situation. Taehyung had become an important part of their lives, he was like family to them. They would miss him dearly, but at the same time, they were happy for his happiness.

Jimin was in a sour mood after the talk. Taehyung had become such a major part of his life in the past few years that he was worried whether he could even fill the void that is surely to be left by his best friend.

Namjoon opened up a vacancy for a new assistant and Taehyung assured him that he will stay still Namjoon finds someone even better than him. Namjoon only gave a soft smile at that. The vacancy of an assistant can be filled, but he was not sure about a one of a friend.

But both of them, and Jin, were  wholeheartedly happy for Taehyung and Jungkook, whom all of them started to love dearly too. And besides, it's not like they will never meet each other again.

___________________________________

Jungkook was beaming from ear to ear, as Taehyung drove them to the location given by Jimin. The latter had went there little early, while Taehyung and Jungkook happened to be slightly late.

"You're in a good mood." Taehyung said with a soft smile, making Jungkook let out a little laugh too.

"Yeah, I love picnics."

"Really? Why didn't you tell me, Baby? I would love to take you on a picnic date."

Jungkook smiled softly at that and gave a nod. "I would love that too. But I was talking more about large picnics like this. You know, with lots of families and kids."

"Oh.. okay. I'm glad Jimin invited us then."

"Yeah, me too."

Taehyung parked the car and they both went inside. The place was not too crowded and they were able to find Jimin within about 5 minutes.

There were many games and activities organised by the company, and Jungkook pretty much wanted to try all of it. He was competitive, talented and basically good with everything.

Taehyung mostly watched and cheered for Jungkook and Jimin. He participated only when Jungkook asked for it specifically. Who can say no to Jungkook's puppy eyes? Definitely not Taehyung.

Like when they participated in the couples karaoke competition, where Taehyung's deep baritone and Jungkook's smooth and mellow timbre matched perfectly. Taehyung takes the listeners in to a deep and rich dream while Jungkook makes them feel comforted and content in there.

It wasn't a surprise when the duo won the first place.

Three of them had a good and fun time, along with some of Jimin's colleagues. It was few hours later that they settled down to have lunch. The organisers provided everyone with picnic mats and they could pick the food they liked from a wide array of buffet choices.

They were finished with the food when  a very good looking man,  who looked like in his mid twenties interrupted them. He smiled in a friendly way with everyone but it was clear that Taehyung was the one his attention was directed at.

"Hello." The man said in a cheery voice, as he waived his hand in a greeting too. "Hope I'm not interrupting your lunch."

"Uhhh... no, we were already done." Jimin replied in good manners.

The man gave another charming smile to Jimin before looking back at Taehyung.

"I'm Park Bogum." The man extended his hand toward Taehyung for a shake. "It's good to finally meet you, Taehyung-ssi."