36 - Where Do We Go From Here?

After a short talk with Jimin, Taehyung returned to where Jungkook was waiting for him. He couldn't believe Jimin didn't tell him about Jungkook being in the police station. Jimin of course refused to talk about that and anyway, there wasn't any time for that right now either.

Jungkook was sitting on a short wall, built surrounding a flower patch. His mind was having so many thoughts as he waited for Taehyung. Jungkook didn't knew how to start the conversation or what to say.

He just wanted a chance to see Taehyung again. And now he got that. He will figure out the rest later.

"Don't worry." JK's voice did managed to soothe him a bit. "You're not alone."

"I know, buddy. Thank you."

Jungkook watched as Taehyung walked towards him. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"So.." Taehyung started off in a tight voice. "Care to tell me what this is about?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at that. "Nope. Did you bring your car?"

"Uhh... Yeah."

"Good. Then you can take me home."

Taehyung just stared at the younger for few seconds before speaking up. "You want me to drive you all the way home?"

"Yeah." Jungkook's eyes had a challenging look in them. "Why, you can't do that?"

Taehyung blinked few times as he was literally shocked with how this conversation was going. Never in million years he would have thought that Jungkook would even speak to him, let alone asking him for a ride. Something definitely weird was going on.

"No no. It's cool." Taehyung quickly answered the younger. "I'll take you home. I anyway promised uncle Junghyun that I'll take care of you."

Jungkook only gave a nod in acknowledgement of that and after another few seconds of silent staring, Taehyung went to bring the car from the parking.

The first 30 minutes or so of the car ride was silent. To Taehyung, it actually felt like the silence just before a storm hit. He talked with V and his wolf didn't get what was happening too.

After what felt like an eternity, Jungkook spoke up.

"So." Jungkook's voice was so soft and it had a melancholy tone to it too. "It only took a prophecy to make you run away from me, huh?"

Taehyung felt as if his world stopped spinning on its axis with that one sentence. By a miracle, he managed to pull over and stopped the car before he hit anything.

"W-what did you s-say?" Taehyung found it difficult to speak with the lump that seemed to be stuck in his throat. "H-how do you know that?"

Jungkook only shrugged his shoulders. "I have my ways."

"Koo, I-"

"I have to admit though. Of all the things I suspected to be the reason, I never even imagined this one."

"I don't-"

"Did you always knew about it or got to know it later?"

Jungkook was looking at Taehyung and the latter felt that gaze peirced right through his soul. It was too intense and he couldn't help but avert his eyes.

Jungkook let out a low chuckle as he turned his head to look out the car window too.

"Woah." The younger's voice was barely audible. "All of you made a fool out of me, from the very beginning. Was is atleast fun, mr Kim?"