Chapter 20

SO SORRY GUYS.
Ugh omg my internet was being a little biotch and yeah •_• hopefully you guys will forgive me *crosses fingers*
Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 20:

________________________

"Good morning everyone, this is your talented class president, Cassie Fuay, here to announce the winners of the essay portion of the competition."

Taylor clutches on my hand, trying not to shake. I squeeze her hand back to tell her it was going to be all right. Results were being heard through the intercom which really made Taylor really scared.

"Now, this was a difficult decision because the judges and I had a 2 hour discussion over these papers. We narrowed the winners down to the top five. If you weren't included in the top five, we have a list outside the office with each groups' scores. Ok, in fifth place we have....."

As the winners went on, we heard little cheers inside the classroom while Taylor feet starts to tap uncontrollably. "Taylor--"
"What if it wasn't good." She says quickly, "I'm not even sure if I checked for any errors or something, or--"
"Taylor! Calm down!" I interrupted, "you'll do just fine, I know you will, trust me. You're a good writer, I've read your papers and they're really good."

Taylor nods her head and looks straight at the board.
"....in third place, we have The Fierce Losers with, Full House. B-t-w I love that show. Second place, we have The Muffin Killers with, Gossip Girl. And finally......we have Cookie-San with, Attack On Titan. Thank you for those who participated and--"

"F*CKIN SH!T!!!!"

Taylor stood up and slammed on the table which scared everyone, including the teacher who just dropped his coffee.
"Taylor! Report to the dean's office this instant! Darn it---We don't use that kind of language in this classroom."
I face palm myself and shake my head while people start to giggle at Taylor and our teacher who's trying to clean his pants.

She turns to look at me with a helpless, red face and shamefully walks out the classroom. Nathan leans over at me and smirks, "Well, let's just see what Emma says about this."

***

"Okay, it's okay. We're fine, we're all fine, right? I mean, second place is still good, right? We're only a few points behind which is pretty good for the first round so everything's great!"

The principle allowed the team to go outside the classrooms and chat quickly about score points. Half of our team members weren't even here with us, including Rider.
We could all literally see the anger in little Emma's eyes. And she's directly looking at Taylor, who's trying to avoid eye contact with her. "I'm sorry," she mumbled.
"I knew Cassie was going to pick that, she just loves Japanese related things."

"It's fine, it's fine." Said Emma.
She walks over towards Nathan and smacks his back really hard, which made him stumble forward. "We have good ol' Nathan here, ready to save the day with his great mathematics skills, right?" She smiles sweetly, a little too sweetly, at Nathan. He smiles back too, and smacks her back, "Of course, my little shrimp."

We shake our heads as we see Emma throwing a tantrum at Nathan who's trying to control his laughter. I glanced at Taylor who looked relieved because Emma wasn't giving her the evil eye anymore. "I feel worthless." She says. I sigh and fold my arms across my chest, "Yes, yes you are, Taylor." Her mouth drops open when I said that, "Amelia! You're not supposed to say that! You're supposed to make me feel better!" She pouted.

"Well you keep on making yourself upset! I can't do anything about it. You got us some points, isn't that good enough?" Taylor stares at me, then looks at the ground. "I guess..." She mutters.
A small smile forms on my face as I put my arm around her shoulder, "Good," I said, "now let's go back to class."