Chapter 8:

Chapter 8:

________________________________

"Nathan! For the last f*cken time, I'm not letting you copy my homework! Now can you please move out of the way, I'm trying to walk home."

"Amelia! I wasn't at school yesterday! I don't know what we learned about yesterday---don't forget you're my partner."

I hesitate for a moment while Nathan was literally begging on his knees to let him copy my homework while I was walking home. I feel a little awkward talking to Nathan now. Ever since he said I was 'cute' I tried to stay away from him, but he keeps on coming back to me to talk and talk.

"Fine," I finally said, "j-just stop bothering me during class and outside of class, okay?"

Nathan gives a sigh of relief and smiles while he stands up, "See, I knew you would say yes. This is why I like you." I roll my eyes and start hurrying home to get started on my maid work. "I'm home!" I yelled out as I entered the house.

No response.

Weird...I thought. Blake would usually run down the stairs and give me food. Rider would give a loud groan and tell me to go do some work. And Sebastian will come and welcome me. But there was not a single sound heard in the house.

"Oh yeah," said Nathan, "Rider told me he was staying after to play football."

"Rider plays sports?" I asked in a surprised tone. Nathan snorted and started walking to the kitchen, "Yeah, ever since he was a little kid."
I started following Nathan towards the kitchen while laying my books and backpack on the table. I rummaged through my backpack to get yesterday's homework. "Here." Nathan grabbed the paper I handed him with a smile on his face. "Don't use the same exact words I used in my paper. Rewrite them in your own words."

Nathan nodded his head and started to work.

Since Rider isn't here, I might as well not where my maid outfit, and I wouldn't want to wear it around Nathan either. I started cleaning from the bottom of the house to the top. Blake's room was obviously filled with scattered toys on the floor so I cleaned that up. Next, was Sebastian's room-nice and tidy as always. Last stop, the playboy's room.

Clothes were on the floor including some books and fallen posters. He always manages to get his room all dirty the next day which is really suspicious. I carefully picked up his clothes---you never know what he did while he wore those clothes----and tossed them into the laundry basket. The posters on the floor were nicely put on the walls again. There was mostly girls in bikinis in most of the posters which seemed really obvious for a guy to put up in his room.

The desk next to his bed had open drawers so I walked over to close it until something caught my eye.

I <3 Arlene

I picked up the piece of ripped paper and examined it. There was a picture glued to it with Rider-who seemed to look a little younger but still looks the same- and a girl with beautiful black hair covering half of her face. Rider was holding her tightly and kissed her cheek. But, the kiss on the cheek didn't look like he was playing around, it looked serious.

I quickly put the paper away and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Nathan looks up and waves at me. I walk to him and and sit across from him and ate an apple. And before I knew it, the words just spat out, "do you know anyone named Arlene?"

I stopped chewing my apple after I realizing what I just said. "Arlene?" Nathan asks confused. He kept on repeating the name over and over again until his eyes widened. "Arlene! Yeah! Rider....."