Chapter 31

Chapter 31-
_____________________________

"How'd you do it, huh? You probably did have sex with him, didn't you? Just tell me goddamnit!"

Arlene corners me in the living room while I just stare at her in annoyance. She still can't believe that Daniel and I have been dating for at least 4 months now. And throughout that four months, she's been questioning my relationship with him, like what's happening right now.

"So?"

I sigh loudly, "No, I did not have sex with him in order to be with him. What I did do though, was be myself and not someone fake. You should probably try that out Arlene, it actually works."

Arlene's face starts to redden in anger and storms off into the kitchen.
"MOM!!!"

Arlene has been so comfortable with my mom, she has been starting to call her mom which makes me so uncomfortable. Tony was so pleased with Arlene addressing that to my mom, he's probably waiting for me to call him dad-------only because he's finally proposed to my mom.
I'm happy for her, I really am. If my mom is happy, then I am too, but I'm not going to call Tony dad.

My mom rushes after Arlene to see what's going on and Arlene starts to ramble on about how mean I was being. My mom looks over Arlene and smiles at me and takes Arlene into the kitchen to talk. Well, at least my mom still understands how I feel about everything.

Today, I'm supposed to meet up with Daniel and hang out at his place, but I told him I couldn't go today. Nathan and Ethan were going to be with me today and discuss about our dads and what they were doing. Apparently, Nathan has found some very valuable information about my dad especially.
And I couldn't just leave that.

I walk inside the ice cream store while searching around for Nathan and Ethan. I see a familiar brown bob of messy hair at the corner and I begin to walk there. Ethan noticed me first and has a smile on his face, "Amelia, good you're here."
He makes room for me to sit down as Nathan starts to take out some files out of his book bag.
Nathan puts the files in front of Ethan and I, with a serious face on.

"Alright guys, this is some very sensitive information that I had some close friends find here. Don't ask me questions, because this is what I found."

Ethan holds my hand from under the table, and I squeeze it to show that we're alright.
Nathan starts to open the file on Ethan's side and lots of papers and picture appeared.
"Ethan.......your dad is a college professor. He makes and ass load of money there. He lives in a big house with a woman who we assume is his wife. There's.........uh, a teenage boy of the age 14 there. The boy is from the woman don't worry....."

Ethan squeezes my hand and he shakes while smiling, ".....a brother?...."

Nathan nods his head in response, "Yes, I had some guys I know........talk to him personally. And your father wanted to give a letter to you, here."

Nathan hands out a blue letter----Ethan's favorite color. Nathan turns his gaze towards me and sighs.

"Yours was a lot tougher. But here it is."
He opens the file in front of me with pictures of my dad, everywhere. I search through the or idea and papers there. A picture of him buying a phone, him going into a huge building, him going home. I'm just wondering how Nathan got all of this information with the help of his "friends".

Nathan speaks, "Your dad, Amelia, is practically a rich man."
My eyes widen.

"He fixed himself up, Amelia. He's a good guy now. Your dad owns his own business with some friends. He's living alone in a nice looking house.........he's payed off the debts he's had for you and your mom."