Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

________________________________

Weeks has passed since I went back with my mom. Renee somehow managed to persuade Rider to still pay me while I'm at home, though he wasn't really pleased with that. Honestly, I miss working at the Mastersons. I miss helping Sebastian out, seeing Blake's smile, and uh--Rider's stupid comebacks I guess.

"Amelia, AMELIA."

I flinch as I look up at Taylor while other kids were leaving the classroom. "Wow, this is my first time ever seeing you sleep in class. You slept through the whole class period! That's totally not like you...."

I wipe my eyes and stood up. "Ha, I was actually studying for upcoming tests yesterday night."
Taylor sighs and puts her arm around me, "Always so prepared, Sage. You are gonna lend me your notes, right?"

We laugh as we head down the hallway. I feel someone's hand grip my arm and pull me aside. "Why aren't you working at the house?" whispered Rider. I pull my arm back and rest it on my side. "Stuff.....stuff happened."

Rider rolls his eyes and leans on the wall, "And what kind of 'stuff' do you mean? Blake also wanted to know what happened to you."
I laugh at his response, "What, you care about me? That's a surprise."

I start walking away until I feel him holding my hand again. "I'm talking to you Sage, don't walk away from me."
I turn to look at him again and pulled my hand back, "Need to go to class, I'll see you at home."

I walk from away Rider as I caught up to Taylor. "What happened with Rider?"
She looked over her shoulder and stared at him. "Nothing, you don't need to worry," I responded back.

"He looked pretty concerned." she said.
I haven't told Taylor what was happening at my house, I didn't want anyone pity me for something like this. Especially Taylor, she gets all worried every time I tell her something family related. "Maid stuff," I lied.

"Oh, well if he does something to you, you know who to get." Taylor said while smiling.
I felt an ache in my chest as I laughed with her.

We walked into our chemistry class and saw that we were getting new seats. "Aw, what! Who am I supposed to get homework answers from, now?" I pat her back as we stand by the wall with the class. Mrs. Flare walks into the classroom and puts her clipboard on her desk. Everyone rushed over to see where they were sitting at. Taylor happily skips towards me. "I'm sitting right across from you! But I have to sit next to that really annoying kid, Jordan."

We both walk to the back of the classroom and sat on our seats. I patiently waited for the mystery person who was going to sit next to me. I heard a loud slam next to my desk. "Hey, maid."

I shot a look to the person who said that,"Nathan!" I whispered, "don't say that out loud!"
Nathan sits next to me and rests his hand on his cheek, "Where have you been? I missed your chocolate cake."

I slump down on my seat and lay my head back on my chair. "I'll be coming over today, don't worry."
Nathan gave me a happy look as class started.

~~~

I slowly open the front door of the Masterson. I wanted to surprise Blake with the icecream cake I bought from the store. "AMELIA!" I see Blake charging towards me, almost knocking me over when he hugged me. "Amelia, I missed you! Don't ever leave me." I look down at Blake as I see his eyes getting watery. I bent down so I could be the same height as him and hug him, "Don't be silly, Blake. I would never leave you."

Blake wiped his eyes with his tiny hands and pulls me towards the kitchen.

"Welcome back, miss Amelia." Sebastian holds a chocolate cake in his hands while Rider and Nathan stand next to him.
I place the icecream cake on the table as I hug Sebastian. Sebastian hugs me back gently while Blake was trying to pull me away from him.

"She's mine!" yelled Blake. I feel my cheeks feel warm when Blake said that. I turn to look at Nathan and Rider. Nathan gives me a wide smile, while Rider, was just staring at me. He starts walking towards me slowly. Rider hands me a knife with a tiny smile, "Aren't ya gonna cut the cake?"

For a few seconds, I dozed off for a bit, almost forgetting everyone was staring at me. "Y-yeah." I stutter. We all sat around the table, while Sebastian was serving cake to us. We talked and talked that afternoon......

~~~

A few days have passed, but ever since I came back to work for the Mastersons again, I felt.....a little uneasy every time I see Rider now. I don't see him as a man whore anymore like everyone else sees him as. I've seen the soft,kind, embarrassed side of him.

And I wonder, why every time i see him smile whenever he's around Blake, I smile too.

___________________________________

Once again sorry for always updating really late >.<

School has started, and I get busy, blah blah blah, but I'll try to update as often as I can!

Please remember to

•comment

•vote

•and share this to others!