Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

_________________________________

It's the third day of our trip to the zoo, but we decided to go home early. I asked Rider to let me go see my mom because it was important and he let me go. I felt bad that we had to cut the trip short because I had to talk to my mom. Blake looked pretty upset that we went home early, but I promised him that I'll play with his new remote control car when I get back.

I stopped at my front porch and thought---should I tell my mom, or should she wait and find out....

I flinch when my mom opens the front door, "Amelia! What a surprise, I was on my way to get some groceries, do you want---"

"We need to talk mom."

My mom's happy face started to disappear and started to look worried. She knows something's wrong if I'm acting really serious in front of her. She lets me inside the house and we both sat on the couch.

"Is....is something wrong, dear?"

I clench my fists and look at my mom.
"Well, you see...."

Oh god, I can't tell my mom when she's staring at me like that! She's really sensitive so I don't know how she'll respond back.
"Dad...."

Her eyes starts to widen,
"....dad is coming to visit us with Ethan's dad...."

My mom puts her hand on her mouth and looks at her feet. "He's...he's coming home?"

"N-no just a visit mom, Ethan showed me a letter that his dad sent him and---"
"I- I should clean up the house! A-and clean myself up!"

Sh!t, I forgot she's still madly in love with him.
She starts running upstairs and shuts the door. I hit my face for forgetting that one very important detail. There was only one person I could think of that could stop mom from doing something really stupid.

"Your dad is coming back?"
I nod my head as I gave Renee a water bottle. I explained everything to Renee and she immediately came over to my house. She gets just as worried about my mom than I do.
"So can you do something about.....this?"

I point at my mom sweeping the floor as quickly as she could just so she could go the her next chore.
"Hmmm I don't know, what's in it for me?"

"What? What the hell Renee, this is my mom we're talking about and you're---"

Renee drinks out of the water bottle and slams it on the table, "Kidding, kidding, Amelia. You know I would always help your mom out no matter what the problem is."

I roll my eyes at Renee as she walks towards my mom and grabs her shoulder to walk her towards the kitchen. Renee looks over at me and directed her eyes at the door to signal me to go out now. I mouthed thank you and walk out the door.

~~~

"Where'd you go, Amelia?"

I've gotten back to the Mastersons, still worried on what's going on with my mom and Renee. Who knows what she'll do since she is Renee. "I just visited my mom, that's all."

Blake played around with his remote control car while I was sitting next to him.
"We should go on a trip again, but this time, we'll go somewhere even better."

I smile and pat his head, "We will, hopefully."
Sebastian walked into the room and told me someone was calling me from the house phone. I ran downstairs and walked into the kitchen. I reached for the phone and held it by my ear, "Renee?"

There was a long silence, "No, uh--this is Ethan."

Ethan?

"How'd you know my number? Well---this house number?"
"That old man that was hanging out with you gave me this number. He thought I would want it since I'm your childhood friend."

"Oh, well I'll thank Sebastian later. Did you need something?"

I hear footsteps behind me, I turn and see Rider standing right behind me. I push him away, but he's still standing there.

"Yeah, actually, remember when I said we should hang out with each other again? Well, maybe we could---"

"I'll bring the condom over, Amelia! So get ready for it!"

I gasp and started to turn red and look at Rider, whose covering his mouth to stop him from laughing.
"What the--was that Rider? Are you two about to have s---"

"NO, no,...NO! Never! I don't know why the hell he said that, umm...please don't get the wrong idea Ethan."

I kick Rider where it hurts the most and he falls to the ground, moaning in pain. I turn red in embarrassment that he actually said that while I was on the phone with Ethan.

"A-anyways, so yeah, we should hang out at the park or something---the one were we always went to?"
"Oh yeah! That'll be really fun! Do you mind if I bring Blake along?"

"I don't mind, next Saturday then?"
I smile to myself and responded back, "Sure."

I hang up and turn to look at Rider whose still in pain. I crouch down and playfully smack his face, "Don't do stupid things like that ever again, you really embarrassed me."

Rider gives me an angry expression as he shakily walks away.
The phone rang again, so I answered, "Hello?"
"Amelia? This is Renee, I've sorta calmed your mother down."

I sigh in relief, "What did you do?"
"Well, I baked her favorite cookies, then talked about why she's acting like this. She kept on talking about how your father probably left because of her or whatever. We just talked it over and she's stopped behaving weirdly."

"Ok, that's a relief--"

"Amelia, your mother really needs someone to stay with her. I can't be there for her since I always work."

"But I have a jo--"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Just stay for a few days with your mother until she acts like her usual self."

I pause for a moment and agreed to it. I hang up and headed out to my mom's house again.

_________________________________

Sorry for the lack of updates for this book, and sorry for this chapter being short >.< (Next chapter will probably be long)

I was kinda busy working on my other book.

Sooo remember to

Vote

Comment

and share this to others ^.^