Chapter 28

Chapter 28
_____________________

Laying on my bed felt so odd. It was warmer than usual, and I missed that,
The nice breeze of what a home should feel like was filling my room. I was at peace again.

But what seemed just a teency weency bit sh!tty was that I had no job, once again.

I hear my mom and Tony laughing in the kitchen while I still lay in my bed with my pajamas on in four in the afternoon. I was not prepared to face the real world after what just happened.

Note to self: don't ever tell your boss you like him or else he'll just f*ckin fire you.

Arlene was blasting one direction in her room as always, which bothered me so much. Not that I hate one direction, but hearing it 24/7 gets a little......well it's just too much.

My phone starts to vibrate, and it was a call from Taylor, so I answer.

"What is it."

"Woahhhh you okay? You angry or something? Well, whatever, Ethan and I are going to the ice cream store, you should come with us and tell us more juicy details about Mr. Playboy!"

"S-sorry, and yes I'm kinda upset. Can you guys come over to my house with the ice cream instead? I have a lot to tell you."

"Cool cool Amelia, we'll be there in ten minutes or so, see ya."

Having no job is really boring and frustrating. I really wonder what's going on at the Mastersons right now. Blake is probably complaining to Daniel about why he fired me. Sebastian is probably trying to calm both of them down. And I'm just here being my lazy-ass self.

I finally decided to stop being lazy and got up from my bed and walked towards my closet. I should at least look a bit presentable to my friends, so I changed out of my pajamas and put on a loose v-neck shirt and some skinny jeans.

My hair was just a mess, so I put it up in a ponytail, hoping that no one would notice the knot that was there. The door opens and hits the wall which scared me, because Arlene was standing right in front of me. "Ugh, you're here." Arlene said with a disgusted tone.

I put one hand on my hip and glared at her. "Why'd you come into my room? Do you do stuff here when I'm gone? Were you going to steal something of mine?"

Arlene snorts as she leans on the wall. "Oh please, why would I steal any of your cheap things in here. I just came to tell you your mom is calling you down to eat something."
Arlene flips her long black hair as she walks out of my room.

Oh how I miss the fake person Arlene is.
I walk out my room and finally joined my family down stairs to eat something.
"Good afternoon, Amelia." Tony says with a smile. I awkwardly smile back at him and sat down on my seat while Arlene sat across from me. "You're not at Rider's house, Amelia?"
My mom looks at me with a concerned face as she places my sandwich down in front of me.

"I--uh, something came up so I decided to stay home."
My mom nods her head slowly, but I knew she'll be asking what's going on later.
"Oh, by the way mom, Taylor and Ethan are coming over if that's okay with you."
"Of course! I haven't seen Ethan in ages."

I smile as Arlene continuous to look at me. I raise one eyebrow at her and she furrows her eyebrows at me. "Hey dad," she says, "I have a friend that's coming over today, if that's okay with you."
"Of course, honey." Tony says while eating his sandwich.
"Also," my mom chirps in, "Tony and I are going out somewhere when you guys have your friends over so don't do anything stupid please."

Arlene smiles slyly at me which seemed a bit suspicious. I excused myself from the table and went to the living room and sat on the couch.

I mean, I wasn't so upset that I got fired. What just made me mad is that Daniel didn't say anything right after I told him how I felt. He just left me there, and well he kissed me, but I was left with nothing.