Chapter 25

Chapter 25:
_____________________

The concert was unforgettable.

Taylor, Ethan and I were having the time of our lives. The music made me forget everything about life and it was pure relaxation. Taylor of course kept on taking pictures and videos of our experience here, and I wasn't able to forget what Ethan told us that night,

"I'm gay."

Taylor and I both sat there inside the restaurant, in shock, as Ethan starts to bite his lip---which means he is extremely nervous. Taylor broke the silence with a smile, "Well.....uh.....I have nothing against it, how about you, Amelia?"
"I'm totally fine with it, really."

Ethan sighs in relief as he looks up at the ceiling. "Thank god......I thought you guys were going to say the opposite or something."
"No! We wouldn't.....why'd you think that?" Taylor interrupted.
"My friends, both guys and girls decided to leave me." He says, "I really thought the girls would love to have a gay friend.....but I guess they were wrong."

I frown as Taylor and Ethan continue to talk. How dare they, I thought. Ethan is such a sweet guy, I don't understand why they would do that to him. "Why?" I blurted out.
They both stop talking to me, and Ethan smiles slightly.
"My bestfriend was the captain of the football team. I felt like.....he was flirting with me sometimes which made me feel so confused. And at some point I fell for him. I told him I liked him, he said he didn't want to be friends, he told everyone, and now no one is my friend."

Taylor and I both glance at each other with the same look on our faces. Ethan looked like he was about to cry, which made me feel really bad.
"I don't know why....." He stops and a tear fell from his face, and now he's starts to sniffle.
"Let's get out of here," said Taylor.

*****

"What the hell are you doing here."

Rider starts to tap his foot as the three of us stand outside his porch, in the cold rain. It was almost midnight and Ethan did not want to go home. There wasn't any room at my house, and Taylor's cousins were over at her house so I thought of the only place that had more than one room. But I forgot someone annoying lived here.

"Rider, we just need to stay here for one night, we promise we won't do anything crazy."

Rider frowns at me then looks at Ethan, who was still crying. "Are you okay, man?" Rider's face starts to soften up.
"He's fine." Taylor blurted out. "He just had a rough night."
I turn to face Rider again, who's sighing loudly, then stepping aside to let us through. Taylor and Ethan rushed inside as I thank Rider.

Right when I was about to go inside, he stops me by putting his arm on the wall. "Explanation, now." He said.
And well, I really had no choice so I told him what happened earlier. He didn't have much of a reaction, but he was okay with us staying here.
All night, Taylor and I kept on trying to cheer Ethan up, and surprisingly, Taylor's cheesy jokes made it all better.

They both fell asleep eventually, but I couldn't at all. I really wanted to find this "football captain" and just scream at him, but I knew Ethan wouldn't appreciate that.
It was around 2am and I still wasn't able to fall asleep, so I went downstairs towards the kitchen to get a snack. To my surprise, Rider was still awake.

"What're you doing here?" I ask.
"Well I do live here so......what are you doing here?" He asked back.
I make my way towards the cabinet and grab a box of cookies that were left there. "I can't fall asleep, and I was kinda hungry." I told him.
Rider smiles slightly and grabs a cookie from the box.
"Is he alright now?"
"Yeah.....but I really want to beat the sh!t out of that football captain. He makes me really angry."

"Well, I mean. There's some guys who do react that way." Started Rider. "His so call 'best friend' just happened to overreact and do that. Some would just shrug it off and just tell them not to fall for them or whatever cause that's kinda awkward. It's kinda hard to believe that they all left him though......I bet there was more to the story than just him coming out."

Rider continues to eat the cookie and grab more while I was thinking about what he said. It did seem kind of suspicious that all of his friends left him but......
"How was the concert?"
I flinch when Rider suddenly decides to speak up again. "O-oh, it was amazing. It was so energetic and stuff. That was my first concert too ya'know."

Rider raises his eyebrow and chuckles a bit. "You're first concert? That kinda sounds pathetic."
"Hey now, let's not forget when you went to the zoo for the first time, remember?"
I playfully punch Rider as he smiles back at me and eats the last cookie.
He finally gets up and walks out the kitchen. "Good night, Sage."

"Good night, Sir."

*****

At some point, I ended up on the couch with a blanket on me. I guess I was too lazy to go to my room and sleep there, just slept on the couch. But I don't remember having the blanket on me.

Taylor decided to take Ethan home early in morning and she told me she'd tell me if something happened.
I was just relieved that Ethan was somewhat back to his old self again, though, he still had sadness in his eyes.
I was left alone in Rider's house, and so I decided to leave.

After I grabbed all of my things, I headed towards the door and opened it---not expecting what was right in front of me.
"Amelia?"

Arlene stands in front of me with a cute outfit on----at eight in the morning while I still have my wrinkled up band t-shirt on with ripped jeans. She looks t me oddly, then crosses her arms. "What.....what are you doing here?" She asks slowly.

"I should be asking you the same thing, Arlene." I replied back.
She looks past my shoulder and her face changes with pure happiness. "Hey Rider!"
Arlene pushes me aside while I stumbled back. Rider looks as shocked as I was but then just shrugged it off.
"Arlene, why are you here so early. I just got out of bed..."

Arlene just smiles at him without saying a word back, then she looks at me. "Amelia, you're mom was asking for you. She's wondering if you came back safely. You should probably go talk to her."
I furrow my eyebrows at her, which made me have a feeling that I knew what she was up to.
"Wait.....are you guys friends or something?" Rider asked.

I start to clutch my bag.
"Hmm, well something like that. Her mom is dating my dad so I guess you could say that."
Rider's eyes widens in surprise as I look away in anger. "Oh." Was the only thing he said back.
"Well then," I said quickly, "I guess I'll be going now---"

And I bump into someone.
"Oh dear! Amelia! You shouldn't turn around so suddenly, that actually scared me!"
I look up and see that it was Red who said that to me.
"Oh and by the way, me and the girls made more maid uniforms for you. This time, in pastel colors! Isn't that cute??"

Sh!t.

Arlene doesn't say a word, but just stands there with her mouth slightly open. Rider and I were both panicking as Red stood there, still smiling like an idiot.
Arlene faces Rider while cocking her head to the side. "What the hell is going on?" She asked.

I bite my lip as Rider hesitates. He looks at me, and I just shake my head to him because I don't want her to know about any of this. I really don't.

But he said it anyways.
______________________

Hmm this wasn't the best chapter.....but I just really needed to update hehe 😅

Remember to
•COMMENT!
•Vote!
•and share this with others!

And oh if you gust haven't read my newest book, The Boy Who Cried Wolf!, you should read it lol

Thanks lovelies~~