Chapter 24

Chapter 24

________________________

Rider was more quiet than usual, especially after he met Arlene again. She was happy, he looked shocked. She smiled, he had a blank face. She talked a lot, he only nodded. Everyone had the same reaction so I'm not surprised at all.
Arlene tried to talk to Taylor at one point too, but Taylor just had a quick conversation and walked away. She told me she felt really awkward being around her. And I did too.

Seeing her at home was way worse than seeing her at school. She has to sleep in my room, and I have to give her my bed so I'm forced to sleep on my couch. She falls asleep a quickly instead of using her phone all night like me. And not only that but she wakes up really early on the weekends with her dad so they could go on a jog. Right when they come back, I'm barely brushing my teeth. Plus....Tony scolds me for waking a up late like he was my dad.

I'm not liking this new environment any more.

Lots of people at school were already spreading rumors about Arlene, and by lots of people it was loud mouth Cassie. She kept on going on and on about how Rider and Arlene are going out, blah blah blah. And oddly enough, Cassie and Arlene are great friends for some weird reason. I asked Arlene why and she just smiled and replied, "Even though she's spreading rumors about me, it's a good thing to have someone who has majority rule over a lot of people, so I could tell her to do whatever I want."

So basically, she is using her. She put that in better terms than I would actually, but she seemed kinda.....devious when she said that. I need to be careful of her innocent self, or else I'll accidentally fall for her future evil plans or whatever because she's really suspicious.

I was at Rider's house, cleaning like usual. Sebastian was preparing dinner, Blake was playing with his car toys. And Rider, he was sitting on the couch reading a book. I pass by him while I was sweeping the floor and he glances at me. I look away immediately and started to go towards the kitchen.
"Amelia."

I freeze in place and look over my shoulder. "Yeah?"
Rider sighs heavily and runs his dark hair with his hands. "So....you know about Arlene, right? I'm pretty sure you've heard what people have been talking about."
I grip on the broom stick and bite my lip. Maybe I should tell him about how Arlene may possibly be my.....

I was too afraid to tell him. It might be really awkward telling him that. But yet again, I really want to know how he will react to it. Rider stands up from the couch and starts walking towards me.
"S-so..." I stutter. "...are the rumors true?" I look down because I couldn't even look at him right in the eyes. Everything about him made me nervous now. I can't approach him like before, something's in the way now and I don't know what it is.

"No," he mutters.
I sigh in relief, and Rider looks at me oddly. My eyes widen realizing that I was relieved to hear that those rumors weren't true. Why do I feel....happy?
Rider clears his throat and walks towards the kitchen. "Finish cleaning up here, Arlene is coming over for dinner." I turn around and look at Rider, "W-what?! She coming here? But I thought--"

"I know, I know," he replied quickly, "but I just wanted to welcome her back."
I curse under my breath. As I quickly head upstairs.
No, no, no! I can't let Arlene see me here. Who knows what she'll do if she finds out I'm a maid, Rider's maid.
Once I made my way inside my room, I lock the door and scramble out of my maid uniform. I put on my sweatshirt and sweatpants and grabbed my phone from the counter.

The door bell rings.
I rush downstairs and used another way around the kitchen while Rider went towards the door. Sebastian sees me panicking and stops me. "What's the matter, Miss Sage?"
"Sebastian, I can't be here right now," I quickly say, "I'll tell you why tomorrow, but can I go out through the back?"
Sebastian stares at me for a second, and hears Arlene talking with Rider at the front. "Alright.....but have an explanation for this tomorrow."