Chapter 23

IM SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON WOW. I'm sorry for not updating (;_;) I don't even know why I took so long when that problem with my family only took a couple of days......•__•......But now I'm back and ready to type again! I tried to make this chapter as long as I could sooo......Enjoy!!! :3
****

Chapter 23-
_______________________

Today was the day, where Arlene would finally start school. My mom, Tony and I went shopping with Arlene to buy clothes, and they were pretty expensive. I didn't want to get any clothes, but Tony was being too kind to me and asked if I wanted something. I said no for every time he asked but we still bought something for me anyways.

And now, I'm wearing fresh, hipster-like clothing just like Arlene.
"C'mon girls! We don't want to be late for Arlene's first day of school!"
Tony motions us over out the door and leaves. Right when I was about to go out with him, Arlene quickly grabbed my arm.
"Wait--"

I turn around to face her and see her cover her small face with her long sleeves. "Can you give me some tips for school? I'm.....I'm kinda nervous---"
"Nervous for what?" I interrupted. "You've been going to high school for like 4 years or whatever. You don't need advice on how to make friends."
Arlene looks at me oddly and I realized that my tone of voice seemed kinda.....rude.

"I-I mean, I'll still help you, don't worry." I try to smile, but I'm pretty sure she didn't buy it. Arlene runs her hair with her hand. "Thanks..." She muttered.
She walks away from me as I sigh.
I've been somewhat mean to Arlene without even knowing but I don't understand why. She hasn't even done anything to annoy me or make me angry. Words come out of my mouth and it sounds like I'm saying something rude to her but I'm not.

I'm sure she thinks I'm a b!tch now because of that.

I finally get inside the car and we drove away to school. Students from my school are walking with their friends on their way there. Arlene observes them closely every time we pass them which seemed kinda creepy to me.
We finally make it to the front of the school, and Arlene got out first slowly, and looked around the school. "This place is pretty big." She says.
"Yeah, but don't worry, you'll find your classes."

A small smile appeared on her face as we walked towards the entrance together. Some people looked at us---or Arlene I should say. The boys whispering to each other, the girls staring in awe. I glance at Arlene, and couldn't help but notice that she has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Who wouldn't stare at her?

Arlene kept on getting closer to me, like she was getting really shy around these people. We walk down the hall and try to make our way to our first class which we have together. I notice a brown head of hair and I start to somewhat panic, but I then realize it was only Nathan. He looks at me first, smiles, and glances at Arlene then freezes with his eyes wide open.

"Ar-Ar-Ar---"
"Nathan!"
Arlene rushes towards him and wrapped her small arms around Nathan's neck and hugs him tightly. "Nathan! Oh my gosh! I-it's really you!"
Arlene starts to laugh while her eyes starts to tear up. I glance at Nathan, who is still in shock and is now staring at me.

"Arlene.....Amelia?..."
Arlene finally lets go of him and continues the smile, and I see a hint of blush on Nathan's face. "Wha-what are you doing here?" He turns to look at me, "Do you know her?"
I hold on to the bottom of my shirt and squeeze it, because I have a feeling I know what Nathan's reaction will be and I can't believe it myself either.

"This is....Tony's daughter...."
Nathan's reaction was no surprise at all. He looks at Arlene with shocked eyes and something hits me. How could he not recognize Tony right when he saw him? His dad and Tony are like, best friends and he never noticed Arlene?