Chapter 11

Chapter 11-
__________________________

"Ameliaaaa...."
Taylor pokes my cheek with the eraser part of my pencil. She kept on saying my name for the past five minutes, and yet, I don't respond back. "Are you ok?" She looks at me with her pale blue eyes, waiting for me to say something. I sigh and poke her cheek with my finger. "I'm fine, just really tired."
Taylor frowns, "you've been kind of...distant. Am I doing something that's making you mad?"
"No! No, it's just...that big test we took, was really hard and I just had to study. I'm hoping for a good grade."

She gives me a soft smile and pats my head, "Amelia, you're a smart person. Of course you're gonna get a good grade, so you shouldn't stress over it."
I smile and nod my head.
Back at the Mastersons, it's almost back to normal. Blake is acting like his usual self, which I am very glad for, but I'm still a bit worried for him. Sebastian is still quiet, which is very odd to me. He hasn't said a single word to me. Rider is still also quiet. Blake still hangs out with him, but it doesn't looks as fun as it did before.

I check the clock, and it was almost time to go. I start packing up so I could leave school quickly and go to my mom's house. Taylor notices me rushing, "Do you want to hang out after school? Like maybe go to the mall?" I stop packing and look at her, it's true that I haven't been hanging out with her recently, but I really wanted to visit my mom. "Um, why don't we stop by my mom's house first and then go to the mall?" Taylor smiles, "sure, it's been a while since I last seen your mom."

The bell rings and everyone starts heading out. Taylor and I walk down the hallway towards the door and see Rider talking to Nathan. I only look at Nathan and wave a simple hello. We both walked past them and I felt like I saw Rider look past his shoulder.

I hop onto Taylor's blue car and start heading towards my house. It was a silent drive to my house, probably because we didn't know what to say to each other. Once we made it to my small, yellow house, we parked on the driveway and walked towards the front door. I put my hand in my pocket, but couldn't find my keys, so I just knocked on the door. We heard faint footsteps coming closer and closer until it stopped.

The door creaked open and I almost freeze. My mom stands right in front of me looking cleaner, nicer, well dressed than ever. I saw Taylor's mouth drop open for a second, looking stunned. The door was halfway open so I couldn't see her fully, but her long, wavy brown hair hung below her chest. I could actually see the color of her eyes, a light shade of green. She wore skinny jeans with a minty cardigan, wondering how she bought something so nice.

Before I could say anything, another head pops out of nowhere landing on my mom's shoulder. The door opens fully and Renee stands right in front of us. "Amelia! What a surprise! What're you doing here?" I had to cough in order to talk, "I--uh wanted to visit my mom, but it looks like she's going somewhere."

"Ms. Sage, you look amazing! Where are you going?!" Taylor blurted out. I almost laughed, I could tell she couldn't keep that sentence in her too long. I see my mom's face turning red as she covers her mouth and mumbles "thank you". Renee pulls my mom closer to her, "Destiny and I are going on a date."
I snort and allowed her to continue on, "I have a close friend that wanted to meet her when I talked about her constantly."

I glance at my mom and she was just staring at me, "but you know, we could go inside for a little bit and hang out, that's what you came for, right Amelia?" She looked like she really didn't want to go. Renee furrows her eyebrows at me, and I knew what that meant. "I just a stopped by to say hi, you should go with Renee to your 'date' or whatever. Taylor and I were heading to the mall anyways."

My mom's mouth opens slightly, about to say something but Renee pulls her just in time before she could say anything. "Thanks Amelia! See you later." Renee's car pulls out of the driveway real quick and speeds out. Taylor and I still stand there staring at the door in silence. "I've never noticed how pretty your mom was. She always wore old lady clothes and her hair in a braid. She was probably popular in school." I managed to give out a giggle as we head to the car and went to the mall.

Thank god my mom has a friend like Renee, without her I don't know what would have happened before now.
As we walk inside the mall, I pulled my wallet out to see how much I had. $30, great, I thought. I see Taylor's eyes brightens up as she sees a black dress on display. She grabs my hand and drags over to that store. The smell of perfume was everywhere, pop music was on, mannequins were wearing prettier clothes than what I was wearing.

I sigh and started to look at the sales rack. I try to find something that was actually pretty decent, or even my size, but nothing there made me grab it. Taylor turns me around with the black dress, "do you think this'll look good on me for Derek's party?" "Derek's party?" Taylor nods her head, "he's having a party this weekend, and he said anyone could come. You should come with me!" I make a face and keep trying to search for some clothes, "I don't know, I'm not a party type of person. And I don't have anything nice to wear anyways." Taylor put her hands on her hips and looks around. I got her message and sigh loudly, "I really don't want to go."

She makes a sad face and starts whining, "but why!! I really want you to come with me, it'll be fun! I promise you." Taylor puts her arm around mine and directs me towards the dress section. "I'll even help you pick out a nice dress." she said as she winks at me.
~~~
After trying on seven dresses, we finally found the right one. It was just a white dress that went around the top of my knees. Taylor bought me a jean jacket because she said I look too "revealing". I'm glad she finally understands me. Heels aren't my thing, so I was just going to wear flats. When Taylor tried on her dress, she looked really mature and beautiful. It fit her perfectly. I stare at her in awe, "does it look fine?" I nod my head and she smiles back. Taylor bought the dress, including mine and a pair of high heels. I told her I would pay her back, but she said it's an early birthday present for me. I played along and we headed home.

"Ok so get ready before 7 tomorrow, I'm gonna pick you up at 7:10, okay?" I said "okay, I understand" for the 5th time already as she finally understood me. She must've been really excited about this party. I wave at Taylor as she speeds out the driveway and I started to head inside. I close the door and slide down on the floor. I pull my knees to my face and slowly smile as I remembered something Taylor told me, "Aaron is gonna be there! So now you're definitely going to come, right?"