Chapter 4: Wild world

Daphne

"What the fuck?" - I shouted at Felix, incredulously.

"I swear! I was walking through town and saw 3 wolves in the woods." - He replied in the most serious tone he could muster. He looked and sounded very nervous when he came inside my room just now.

"Felix, this is not a joke! Wild animals are dangerous! How were you not attacked by them?" - I asked, trying to remain calm, but failing miserably.

"I'm not joking, Daphne! I don't know why they didn't attack me! I'm telling you they scared the shit out of me!" - Felix retorted in a dead scared tone.

"OK, get out of my room! I need my beauty sleep." - I said, pushing him away from my bed.

"Bitch, how many years do you intend on sleeping to get ready for school tomorrow?" - Felix joked.

"Fuck off, troll!" - I replied smiling, though my tone seemed different. I'm glad things are still normal around us that we can talk and make fun of each other.

I confess nothing frightened me the most than when he tried to commit suicide, it was the darkest of times. I hope he gets to stay this way in this town. To be honest, it's the only silver lining of being forced into moving to this God forsaken city.

The next morning, we're at the table eating breakfast with our parents.

"We have already enrolled you guys and sent over your transcripts. So it should be an easy transition. Just go to the school's office and get your schedule." - My mom said as she ate some buttered bread.

"Easy transition... Right, except for the part that we're both seniors, the semester already started and God knows what kind of people we'll meet at this school." - I replied with a skulk.

"You'll meet students like yourself. So, try to be nice to them. Maybe you'll make some friends." - My dad replied, while taking a drink of his black coffee.

"Daphne, nice?" - Felix snickered, amused by dad's words.

"Shut up, you dork! I'm nice!" - I rebuked, punching his arm lightly.

"Felix, if anyone gives you a hard time, don't hesitate to tell us. I know it can be difficult starting in a new school." - My dad stated, looking at my brother worriedly.

"It's not like it was easy at the last school either..." - Felix smirked. - "But I'm hoping they've seen a gay kid before here. It is the 21st century." - He grinned, uncomfortably.

"Not like you, they haven't." - I snickered.

"You know what I mean, Felix. Any problem that you have, please know that we're here for you. I mean it." - Dad affirmed in a very serious and worried tone. He looked at Felix very intensely.

"Thanks, dad. I know." - Felix replied with a soft smile.

After breakfast, we brush our teeth, grabbed our backpacks and mom drove us to school. The place seems nice at first sight, certainly cleaner than my last one. The secretary gives us our schedule and directs us to our first class of the day.

Later this morning, we're walking down the corridor as I talked to Felix.

"So, what class do we have now?" - I asked, looking ahead.

"Geometry. And it already started by the look of it." - He replied, hasting his steps. If there was one advantage of being a twin is that at least we didn't have to face this situation alone. And I do love my brother, though he can be a brat sometimes. I couldn't possibly imagine doing this - anything - without him.

We knock at the door and ask permission to enter. Then, we gave the teacher a paper and as he's about to introduce us to the class, something strange happened. This boy - who I never saw before in my life - yelled something, his eyes turning completely black. So dark it scared me. It scared everyone, in fact.

And then he darted in my direction and I recoiled from him so frightened. I didn't know what the hell was happening and it happened so fast, I barely had any time to react. Next thing I know, some students covered him with something and carried him out of the class, though it didn't seem like he wanted to leave.

Felix, me, every single student in the entire classroom were baffled. Even the teacher didn't know how to react. I get the feeling that this has never happened before. And certainly I've never seen anything like it.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that, Miss Ford." - The teacher said to me after the boy had left. - "I'm sure he was ill and didn't mean any harm to you. Why don't you and your brother take a seat?" - He suggested, visibly uncomfortable.

Felix and I took a seat in the classroom, though everyone was still shocked by the recent events and kept whispering to each other about it. Later during lunch break, Felix and I grab our food and find seats at an empty table.

"What the fuck was that?" - I'm still gobsmacked. I start eating, puzzled at this unusual event.

"I have no idea. What did that boy want with you?" - Felix replied, while taking bites of his food.

"I've never even seen him before in my life! What could he possibly want with me?" - I replied in a very scared tone.

"Good question. Thank God that other boy kept him from getting to you, though. He tackled him so fast, he must be from the football team." - Felix pondered with a surprised smile. He sounded almost like he's admiring him.

"Right... But if he hadn't, then I'd have my brother to defend me." - I said as I tapped his shoulders, jokingly.

"Of course!" - Felix replied emphatically. - "It just happened so fast, I barely even had any time to react. But I got your back, sis." - He continued, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"Well, whatever that was, I'm definitely getting to the bottom of it. Just wait until I see that boy again." - I stated, confidently. This is not the end of this story. I'll find out what the hell was that. Yes, I am. Count on it!

A|N: Woof! That happened.

It only gets crazier from here...

Love,

Léo.