Chapter 19: Cryin'

Daniel

I was so absorbed telling the story, that I didn't even notice Nate's face till he stood up, looking shocked. I could tell he realized something. It was an eureka moment, his jaw was on the floor!

"What?!" - I asked him, puzzled.

"You said he." - He answered, mouth agape, eyes widened, eyebrows shot up. I've never seen him like this!

"No, I din't!" - I replied, looking serious.

"Yes, you did! It all makes sense now..." - He started pacing in the room. - "The dreams, the secrecy, the fight with Lauren..." - He pondered, still shocked.

"You're crazy, Nate! I think you need to get your ears checked!" - I said to him but the doesn't budge.

"I don't care!" - He declared as he comes close to me and sits in the bed.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I..." - I double down, but he interrupted me.

"This changes nothing for me. I don't care!" - He told me, looking deep in my eyes.

"Stop it, Nate, I'm telling you, you heard it w--"

"I really don't care! You're still my brother and my Alpha!" - He continued interrupting me, still looking at me deeply in the eyes.

"I don't like what your--"

"I love you! I genuinely don't care! This changes absolutely nothing to me!" - He interrupted me again, but this time he goes for a hug.

"Why are you being so weird, Nate?" - My voice was almost crying by now.

"I don't care, I love you. I love you. I love you!" - He kept repeating it as he hugged me and I broke down.

Tears streamed from my face. I begin to shake. I was sobbing so hard, it felt like I was finally letting my guard down!

"I really mean it, Dan! I do!" - He said it, still hugging me. I cried so hard in his arms I thought it would never stop!

"You don't know how hard I wanted to tell you... How difficult it was to keep this inside me..." - I confessed it between sobs.

"I know brother, but it's okay now!" - He comforted me, patting me in the back.

After a while, I stopped crying and let go of his hug. I dried my tears and start catching my breath again. I was so relieved not to carry this inside me alone anymore! It was hurting me more than I lead on!

"So, when are you going to tell me..." - He started saying something, then got interrupted by his ring tone. It was a text message. He read it and then turned back to me.

"It's Daphne. She just wanted to tell me..." - He stops it and gets up from the bed, realizing something once again. Damn, that boy is on fire tonight!

"Oh my Goddess!" - He shouted, startling me.

"What?" - I looked at him, puzzled.

"Oh my Goddess! I know who your mate is!" - He exclaimed and grinned at me, beaming with joy.

"Wait, what? How can you possibly know?" - I was genuinely curious as to how he arrived at that conclusion.

"Goddess, you little devil! You really did thought this whole thing through, didn't you?" - He said with a devious smile. But I still wanted to know how the hell did he figure it out. I barely did.

"OK, stop it! How can you possibly know who my mate is?" - I asked him, making him seat back in the bed.

"It all makes sense now! The fight, that scene in the locker-room, your dreams, it all started when he arrived in town! You didn't punch that guy because of Daphne! You punched him because he was threatening your mate!" - He yelled, boastfully. He was beaming at the realization.