Chapter 11: Can't stop the feeling

Daphne

As one can imagine after the eventful afternoon I had yesterday, I couldn't shake the image of Nate shifting into a freaking werewolf out of my head.

For one, it's much weirder than I thought. And the process is slower than what they showed at the movies. But then again, I thought that was a fantasy, not based on real life.

Felix hounded me with questions yesterday after they left, but I kept my promise. Mainly because he'd think I'm insane for saying Nate's a werewolf and somehow I am supposed to be his soulmate.

Later at school, I avoided him like a plague. And he seems to get the message cause he doesn't look for me. That or he's also avoiding me.

But I prefer to think he's respecting my boundaries, especially after our disastrous first encounter.

Unfortunately, I simply can't stop thinking about him. No matter how hard I try.

Our entire conversation kept playing in my head, making it impossible for me to concentrate in any class. The only time I took a break from it was when I caught Felix drooling over his brother. Which didn't help much, since Nate was standing not far from us, talking to his friends and family.

Finally, after the final bell, I mustered the courage and went after him. At least, so we could talk some more.

As he was leaving school, I approached him.

"Hi, there. Can we talk?" - I made him look at me.

"Hi, Daphne. Yes, of course we can. But I can't miss my bus again. Do you want to come with me?" - He asked in a cordial tone.

"Come with you where?" - I replied, surprised.

"Well, to my house." - He said, nonchalant.

"What?! You've barely known me. How are you inviting me to go to your house?" - I questioned him, honestly shocked.

"Exactly! The best way to get to know you is to talk freely. And the only place we can do that is at my house." - He explained. I should think it's crazy, but I find it hard to argue his logic.

"OK. But how will I make it back to mine?" - I asked, genuinely intrigued.

"I'll drive you over there, don't worry about it." - He assured me.

"Fine, you win. But don't get any ideas! I just want to talk!" - I warned him.

Suddenly, he comes close to me, grabs my hand and puts it on his chest, over his heart. Then, he looks deep into my eyes and declare:

"You have nothing to fear from me! I would never EVER do anything to you without your permission. In fact, I would lay down my life for you in a heartbeat should you need it!" - His green eyes were so penetrating it threw me off a little.

He spoke so confidently, so sincere and looked so deeply in my eyes I got a little flustered.

"OK, I believe you! Don't need to be weird about it!" - I croaked, taking my hand back.

I texted Felix explaining that I wouldn't take the bus with him, where I was going and he all but shouted at me via text. But I ignored it! I was too intrigued to pass up this opportunity, to be honest!

After we got off the bus, we stopped at the gate of this huge property. I mean, the walls surrounding it looked like they went on for miles.

There were some guards at it who gave us access to go inside, but they all kept staring at me.

We went in, his siblings, friends and I. Apparently a lot of other kids lived there too, cause the entire bus basically consisted of kids coming to this property.