Chapter 34: How can I go on

Daphne

I confess I did not see this coming!

I mean, I may be a teenager but I was a smart one. Or so I thought! I always pride myself on making smart choices. I was prepared. Sure, we could've used a condom. But I really thought I was safe from this! I mean, I'm a doctor's daughter!

I'm at home. It's the evening. My family and I are having dinner. I wait for us to finish eating, so my parents don't choke on their food. And then I grab Felix's hand.

"Mom, I have to tell you something. I'm sorry!" - I began, making my mom frown.

"What is it, sweetie?" - She replied in a worried tone. Dad looked at me worriedly too.

I squeeze Felix's hand.

"I'm so sorry! I really thought this could never have happened!" - I stated, my head's down from the shame. Felix puts his arm around me. He looks at me concerned.

"It's okay, Daph. Just tell them!" - Felix encouraged me.

"Daphne, you're worrying me! What's wrong?" - Mom asked me, deep worried look on her face.

"I'm pregnant!" - I said and began crying on Felix's shoulders.

My parents looked shocked. My dad's jaw was on the floor.

"But aren't you protected? I mean, didn't you put an IUD? - Mom questioned me, gobsmacked.

"I did! I thought I was! I'm not feeling anything, but this morning I took a test and it was positive!" - I replied, sobbing.

"I'll kill him! I knew that boy was trouble from the very first time! I knew it! I'm gonna go to his house right now and kill him!" - My dad was livid. I've never seen him so mad like this in my life.

"Dad please, you can't do anything to him!" - I pleaded. We're interrupted by a knock on the door. Felix went to see who it was as we all were too stressed already.

Felix opens the door and Nate greets him. Felix lets him in, but tried to warn him. It was bad!

"Who is it, son?" - Dad asked and as soon as he saw Nate, he rushed to get his gun and pulled it on him.

"Motherfucker! You gotta lot of nerve coming into this house after the stunt you pulled!" - Dad spat, while pointing his gun at him. Nate looked very frightened.

"I'm sorry, sir! I really am! I just wanted to say that I love Daphne. I do!" - He lifts his hand up as he said it.

At this, mom and I leave the kitchen and go to the living room. I got scared when I saw my dad pointing a gun to Nate. But I didn't know what to do. Or what to say exactly. But of course I'd try.

"Wow, dad! Calm down!" - I pleaded to him. My mom was as nervous as I was. So was Felix who looked at the scene stunned.

"Calm down? Don't tell me to fucking calm down! I can't believe this degenerate came to my house!" - He was fuming. He was livid. The gun was still pointed at Nate as he spoke.

"I am sorry, sir. I am. I love Daphne. I just came here to say that she's not alone in this. I got you, Daphne!" - He told us. Hands still up in the air.

"Well, let's see if you still get her from jail!" - He came close to Nate. - "You're under arrest for statutory rape. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right..." - He read him the rights as he physically pulled Nate's arms behind his back.

Dad took out his cuffs and restrained Nate, who did not offer any resistance.

"Dad, please don't do this! Please!" - I begged him, but he was too furious to listen.