Chapter Seven

It was a quiet night, so Techna sat atop the school looking at the stars. In the distance, she saw Phantom flying towards her. She waved at him and he sat down next to her.

"Was hoping to find you out here." He said with a smile.

"It's not very dangerous here" Techna responded.

"I brought you something, I stole it from my mom," Phantom said holding out a staff.

"So, not fully a ghost then" she smiled at him, "good, I hate thinking about you as someone who died."

"How did you?" He questioned a bit alarmed.

"I've been around a while kid, I'm actually 18." She responded with a smirk.

"How?" He questioned.

"Long story kid, can't tell you yet." Techna said, "but how about we play a game?"

"Aren't you a little too old for games?" Phantom teased.

"Hey! No one is too old for fun!" She said with a smile.

"Alright, let's play," Phantom said laughing.

"The rules are simple, we ask questions about each other and answer. If a question would reveal your identity you can say pass. I would like to get to know this town's first hero" Techna said leaning back onto her back staring at the sky.

"How come I've never heard of you?" Phantom started with.

"Time travel, Techna doesn't exist for another 2 years," she said looking at Phantom's surprised face. "How did you come up with 'Danny Phantom'?" Techna asked looking at Phantom.

"Well my friends call me Danny, so I just changed the last name," he said with a shrug.

"And there are millions of Danny's in the world" Techna put in.

Phantom nodded "What's the scariest thing you have ever seen?"

"That's a toss-up between my dad's glare or finding out my brother was the guy who dropped a building on me" Techna responded.

"Hold up what!? Your brother dropped a building on you?!" Phantom exclaimed.

Techna laughed, "Wait your turn kid."

"Right sorry," he said nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Does your family know about your Hero activities?" Techna asked.

"No, they are pretty anti-ghost" Phantom explained.

Techna nodded, "fair reason to hide it."

"Now what's this about your brother dropping a building on you?" Phantom asked his eyebrow-raising.

"Well in his defense he didn't know it was me when he blew up that building. I also didn't know it was him, considering we had both died a few years prior to this. Well, I just erased the record of my resuscitation. He straight up was in a coffin for months." She shook her head "I'm getting off track. He was running around killing people and being a general bad guy, and I was trying to stop him. Then boom a skyscraper is falling on top of me."

Phantom looked at Techna with disbelief. She seemed so laid back, but she's definitely went through a lot. That power suit must be pretty durable to survive a skyscraper.

"I think you might get along with him, all four of them actually," Techna said with a smile. "Now let's see, can you look scary?"

Phantom laughed and his eyes glowed a darker green while he glared at Techna. Most people shrunk away in fear of that glare but Techna just smiled. Phantom looked at her confused when she started laughing.

"It's a baby glare!" She laughed out.

"Then why don't you do one better!" Phantom said frustrated.

Techna smirked and did the Batglare. Phantom shifted uncomfortably under the glare, he felt terrified suddenly. Techna stopped the glare and smiled mockingly.

"That... that was intense," Phantom said nervously.

"I mean I learned it from my dad," Techna responded with a smile.

"Who's your dad?" Phantom asked cautiously.

"Well I suppose I have two now, someone has to take care of me in the past." She said with a snort. "But you asked about my first one, my dad's Batman."

Phantom stared in disbelief, there was no freaking way this smiling ball of energy was the daughter of freaking Batman! The master of fear and brood! The freaking Batman!

Techna laughed "and Nightwing is my older brother."

"No freaking way!" Phantom explained.

"Yes fucking way," Techna said before looking down at her watch.

"Alright kid, I gotta run, you should too, it's 2 am and you have school tomorrow," Techna said standing up.

"Hey... I wanna tell you who I am" Phantom said standing as well.

"Not interested kid, your identity is your business," Techna said before flying away.

Both went home and to sleep, unaware that they were being watched.