Chapter Twenty-Three

Everyone gathered around Constantine, all older and ready to bring Sarah back from hell. Sam, Dean, and Ruby stood with a man they called Cas watching Constantine carefully. Danny, his now Fiancee Sam, and Tucker stood with Vlad trying to calm the man down. The Bat family kids all stood silently waiting for their sister to return.

Constantine started the spell as everyone waited in silence. The floor opened up into a red void and a glowing light came out of it. The void closed and soon Sarah stood in front of them, now Eighteen years old.

"You said three years!" Sarah yelled at Constantine angrily.

"I didn't lie," Constantine said.

"Time works differently down there kid, take it from us," Ruby said to Sarah.

Sarah breathed deeply and said "Don't let me do that again, Lucifer is a jackass"

Dean let out a laugh at this "welcome back kid, looks like you joined the escaping hell club."

Sarah was about to ask who Dean was when she got ambushed by a hug from Vlad and her Brothers. She hugged them back and reassured them that she was fine. All of them dragged her back home before anything more could be said.

***

Everyone was packed up, it was the day they all returned to Gotham, it had been two weeks since Sarah disappeared and two days since Damian did. Sarah was making her rounds to say goodbye, she was at Danny's house to start with him. She explained everything to him and they hugged.

"I'll visit you, Sarah," Danny said, hugging his friend.

"Be careful, Bruce might try to adopt you, adult, or not" Sarah joked, smiling at Danny.

"Then you can legally be my sister." Danny said smiling, "You've already been one to me. What's some paperwork to finish the process"

Sarah laughed "See you around Spooky, tell Flossy to not make me wait so long for that wedding."

Danny laughed and Sarah left, she had one last goodbye. Sarah walked into Vlad's office and smiled at him. Vlad was distant as he didn't want to show his daughter he had been crying.

"Vladad," Sarah said smiling at him "you will always be my dad, ill visit you regularly."

Vlad smiled at her and walked over to hug her. "Don't worry about it my dear, I've talked to an old friend. I'm going to forget you." He said sadly.

"No, why!?" Sarah exclaimed in shock.

"You know how obsessed I can get, and with how I treated Danny, if I remember you I will try to kill Bruce to get you back. Sarah, you are and will always be my daughter and I can't put you through that." Vlad said sadly before kissing her on the forehead.

Sarah frowned but understood, "Then I will remember for both of us, and I will never forget everything you did for me and my family."

With this Sarah left Vlad, her heart heavy as she knew he would return back to who he was before. Vlad went into the Ghost Zone once Sarah left, he would forget everything, but Ghost Writer agreed to transcribe his memories into a book so they weren't truly gone.

***

Bruce was losing it, worry and anger bringing him to nearly the edge of everything. Until he heard a familiar voice behind him. At first, he believed he was hallucinating until he turned around.

"It's been a long time Batdad, longer for me than you," Sarah said from behind Bruce.

Bruce turned around and hugged Sarah, feeling her in his arms, he believed this was real. The rest of his kids standing behind Sarah causing Bruce to bring them all into a huge hug. He felt relief and asked what happened.

"Ghosts, warlocks, hell, and time-traveling. It's been four years for us" Jason explained.

Bruce asked millions of questions and everyone began to tell Bruce the story of their last four years. He wrote everything down while listening intently. Glad to have his kids back and that they were safe.

***

Techna was back on patrol in Gotham when Superman flew up to her, "Have a moment to talk Techna?"

"What's up flyboy?" Techna asked, landing on a building.

"Before you went missing the Justice League had a vote" Superman started.

"What's that got to do with me, Flyboy?" Techna asked, confused.

"We are accepting two new members into the league, Techna and the Ghost Boy of Amity Park Phantom," Superman explained.

Techna's face lit up "Phantom got in!?" She said with excitement.

Superman looked at her confused, "Yes Green Arrow went to inform him of this just a few hours ago. Do you know him?"

Techna smiled widely "he's like a brother to me, he will fit into the league well."

***

Phantom was alone on patrol, it felt weird after all those years of having help. He didn't mind it much as most of the ghosts stopped attacking after Sarah went to hell. Phantom landed on top of the building Sarah and him always met at and smiled at the memory.

"You must be Phantom." Green Arrow said from behind the ghost.

"That is what I've been called." He said turning around cautiously.

"I'm here to speak to you about the Justice League." Green Arrow said getting straight to business.

"Do they need my help?" Phantom asked, confused.

"We recently voted on Accepting two new members into our ranks, you are one of them" Green Arrow explained.

Phantom, shocked by this news, only found himself able to ask. "Who else did you accept?"

"Techna" Green Arrow said business-like.

Phantom smiled widely, looks like he would see his partner sooner than he thought. "I'll join if Techna joins."

To be continued in Techna: A New Justice.