Chapter Twenty-One

Ruby stood outside the house on the phone while Constantine trained Sarah on how to handle possession. Ruby was silent as she waited for the person she called to stop yelling in the background. She already expected this as she called her older brother, and both her brothers were extremely protective of her.

"You done fighting now?" She asked over the phone.

"Yeah Sam is just being Sam," her older brother Dean said.

"You mean he was telling you not to track my phone and instead talk to me," she said with a laugh.

"Shut up," Dean said gruffly causing Ruby to laugh.

"Im in Illinois, someone needed my help and forgot to ask nicely" Ruby explained to her brother.

"We will be there in 3 days," Dean said, all ready to jump in the car.

"No, I don't think you want to be here... this town is heavily haunted. On top of that a group of kids are the ones fighting these ghosts" Ruby said looking back at the house.

"Im sorry, did you say kids are dealing with ghosts?" Dean asked with a bit of anger.

"Yes, the youngest looks to be 5. They have only one adult watching out for them, from what I understand he can't stop them so instead does his best to keep them safe" Ruby explained.

"At least he tries, but why aren't there more adults," Dean asked, seeming to calm down.

"One of the kid's parents don't pay attention to him, most of the kids live with the adult. But that's not important right now. You know Sam's stupid idea he did with Lucifer. How do I stop someone from attempting the same thing?" Ruby explained.

It was silent for a long time on the other end of the call. Then she heard her brothers arguing again. The phone passed hands and Ruby heard her brother Sam on the other end.

"What exactly is this person planning to do?" Sam said calmly.

"She's 14, Her name is Sarah. There is a very old and powerful ghost that we can't kill so she's got a plan with a warlock to let the ghost possess her and then imprison her." Ruby explained.

More silence followed then Sam said "we are coming now, stop her, if you can. I won't let you do this alone" then the phone clicked.

Ruby sighed and hoped her brothers would arrive in time. She had to stop Sarah from ruining her life. Ruby headed back inside the house.

Ruby saw everyone eating dinner peacefully, she smiled as she got invited in. Ruby watched this big family atmosphere and smiled. she wouldn't change her relationship with her brothers for anything, but she wished they could have this one day.