Chapter 1

Elena POV

"you little bitch!" i hear my dad shout. i hear his footsteps nearing me.

i was in the bathroom and wore my clothes fast as i could to prepare dinner for him. i had no clue he'd be back this early. I wore my pants quickly and as I was done the door opened and then he bursts into the bathroom and grabs me by my hair.

you wonder how? yeah he doesn't allow any locks in this house, so he called it his house but i know it belongs to my mom.

my father who grabbed my hair, dragged me down the stairs. i barely was able to take even one step. my feet dragged along the hard tiles, probably leaving bruises. not my first anyway.

i yelled in pain from his grip on my hair. i hate it when he does this. i tried cutting my hair but he still managed to grip the last bits.

he threw me on the kitchen floor and i fell on my head.

"you ungrateful child! I've given you a roof and this is how you repay me? where's dinner?!" he yelled and kept on yelling.

i got myself up and faced him. he stares me dead in the eye. his eyes dead black, but it had light when my mom was alive.

i was so scared and didn't know what to do. He's always like this and has blamed me for everything.

i saw him raising his hand, ready to take another blow, i squint my eyes and turned my head to the side but it never came.

Instead, i saw his body falling to the ground with a loud 'thump' sound. i looked up slowly in front of me to see a very angry and fuming brother of mine.

"Mason?" i whispered under my breath not sure if he heard me. his eyes held anger but concern towards me.

i know his anger was not directed to me. i stood there shocked. i didn't expect to see my brother. suddenly alex came running in as well. before he could open his mouth to say anything, his eyes moved to where my dad was on the floor unconscious and then back to me. they scanned me completely from head to toe, taking in the bruises and scars i had thanks to our father.

I whimpered and tears and sobs were coming from me. my brothers heard me and came over to me.

"Elena?" Alex asked his words stuck in his throat. Mason didn't waste any time. he walked to me and grabbed my hand where there were no bruises and dragged me out of the kitchen to the front door. i pulled my hand away and stumbled back. they both turned and looked at me puzzled.

"what are you doing?" Mason asked. i was silent and scared of what had just happened.

"where are you taking me?" i asked softly not wanting to upset him.

"you're coming home with us, Baby sis," Mason says with authority.

"what? Why?" i asked shocked until i stepped back. out of nowhere, Jason and Dylan walked through the front door.

"what's taking so long?" Jason asked frustrated. their eyes widen in horror seeing my condition.

"why the fuck is she black and blue?" Jason yelled in anger. his anger reminded me too much of our dad. did i upset him.

Jason started walking to me and i stepped back at every step he took. he stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed how petrified i was, but nevertheless i continued stepping back till my leg hit the sofa causing me to fall on it.

my brothers took a step forward to me when they saw me fall but gained their composure after knowing i fell on the sofa.

"what do you guys want from me??" i asked trembling. i haven't seen them in years. what if they are like our father? what if they came to sell me away? all these awful thoughts were running in my head.

my breathing became heavy and beads of sweat began to form on my head. suddenly i felt the touch of a hand on my cheek.

i snapped out of my trance and looked up to see Mason looking at me with his golden orbs. his eyes held concern and i almost calmed down looking at them but then i heard that one voice that broke it in a second.

"where are you bitch?" my dad yelled from the kitchen entrance. his head had blood but he still looked unfrazelled. my eyes widen in horror and the touch of Mason's hand was gone. they all 4 stared at our father dead in the eye.

i panicked, my breath became ragged again. my skin felt cold and i was sweating all over. my clothes began to stick to my skin.

"Shit! Alex, Dylan take care of him. Jason come here!" Mason ordered in a second. he did not hesitate to kneel in front of me and cupped my cheek.

"Shh... Elena, you're safe princess. i got you. please calm down. he can't hurt you anymore," Mason whispered to me desperately. i forced my mind to focus on his but i struggled until jason's hand came upon my shoulder.

"Baby Girl, please calm down. we're sorry," he begged. his voice cracking with regret. i managed to control my breathing but i felt frozen.

"Mason just carry her, now!" Alex yelled. Mason glared at Alex and gave him the i will deal with you later look and slipped his arms under me.

he gently carried me out the door into the car. by then i was okay and looked at Mason searching for answers.

"you're coming to stay with us now. we will protect you," he says as the others get in the car. i trusted his words no matter how bad my trust issues were.

i simply nodded my head and gave him a soft smile. i felt happy leaving my awful father behind, but i didn't show it too much.

i wonder why they even came today to the house after many years. but i didn't care. i'm happy now that my brothers were here.