Chapter 7

Elena POV

Being in the hospital sucked. The T.V. only had a couple of Channels, the food was disgusting, and it was very cold.

They could only provide me with two blankets at most. Luckily, I'm getting out today. Instead of going home, however, we are going to the therapist that my doctor recommended.

I was very nervous, but Mason was going to be with me, so I felt better about it. My other brothers were going home and getting everything set up.

All of my brothers decided that they want to "Baby-proof" the house Incase I have another incident or worse.

I think it's stupid, but I really can't say much, or I will make it worse. I thought more about it while in the car.

My mind snapped out of it when we arrived at what looked like a bunch of small community houses. We got one that says "Psychologists and Psychiatrists".

"Alright, Elena. Let's go," Mason said. I turned my body to get out of the car. I also grabbed the note the doctor at the hospital gave me.

It explained what had happened, my brother's side, my side, and that nothing serious happened, said by the doctor. We walked into the building, and we went to the front receptionist.

"Can i help you?" This young lady said with an attitude.

I was ready to snap at her, when Mason said "Hello. We are here to see Ms. Reys. My sister was just in the hospital, and the doctor recommended her. Is she available?" he asked.

"Let me see the paper," the lady demanded. I gave it to her. She looked at it, then got up and went somewhere.

We waited about 3 minutes until she came back. "She is available. She is dealing with something right now, but she can take you in about 5 minutes. Go sit down while you wait," the lady said.

She handed me the paper back. I decided not to say anything else. Mason and I went to some chairs and sat down. The news was on, talking about the weather, and then a guy that the police are after.

Apparently, he's a child and teen abductor. That's crazy. Then, the psychologist came out.

"Elena Russo Pierce?" The woman called out. Mason and I stood up. We followed her into a room.

There was a fluffy couch next to one side of the room. The other side was her desk. She was extremely neat with her stuff.

"Please, have a seat. So we are here for Ms. Elena?" Ms. Reys asked. Mason and I nodded.

"Okay. So I'm looking here. At this paper that was copied. You're here for a possible diagnosis for an Anxiety disorder?" She asked.

"Yes," Mason said. "The doctor at the hospital said it could possibly be Panic disorder, but we still wanted to get it checked out."

"Okay, I see. Well, Elena, I am going to test you right now. Mason, would you be so kind as to leave the room? Only she can be in the room with me," explained Ms. Reys.

when the therapist said that my eyes went wide. no i didn't want my brother to leave me. i wrapped my arms around him as a tear ran down my cheek. i didn't want him to leave. he noticed it and wrapped his arms around me. 

"What? No. I want him here with me!" I shouted at her. as i tightly wrapped my arms around him never letting him go. mason rubbed my back gently. 

"That was part of the first question. I wanted to see her reaction. Mason, you can stay in the room," she said. as she said that i had calmed down. i couldn't and didn't want to be alone.

Ms. Reys kept asking me questions, from what has happened in the past, what happened that day, have I had any dreams about my past, have I had anything made me remember the past and more questions.

Then she finished the test, finished writing her stuff down, and stood up. She walked out of the room. Two minutes later, she came back.

"Well, Elena, it looks like you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which also ties into Panic Disorder for you. You have some options. You can get therapy, you can see one of our psychiatrists and get medication, you can try some stuff at home, or you can do some home changes. It is up to you and Mason. I will give you some days to decide. Please, call me back to let me know what your decision is," Ms. Reys said.

"We will. Thank you," Mason thanked. I thanked her as well, and we left the building. We went back to the car and sat there for a hot minute.

"We will discuss what we will do at home. I will ask you first, and then we all will discuss it. I have to call insurance and see what they will cover if we decide to put you in therapy. We will help you, Elena. I promise," Mason reassured.

i hope so. i said in my head.