Chapter 8

Elena POV

it's been a week and I didn't want to go to therapy right away. I wanted to monitor my anxiety more. I've had weird attacks.

But I think it could get better soon. I try to convince my brothers that it's fine, but they probably don't believe me.

"Lena!" Mason called. I got out of my room and went to the living room, where he was.

"Yes?" I responded.

"We're going out. Please, get in the car," Mason said. I felt very nervous. I hope we aren't going somewhere bad or boring.

I got my phone and ID, just in case, and left the house. I walked to the car with my stomach feeling kind of bad.

I decided to ignore it, and waited for Mason to unlock the car. I got in, and put my seatbelt on.

The car ride was silent. I was watching the buildings we passed by and zoned out. I was looking at the clouds and finding weird shapes. Finally, we arrived at a weird place.

"Alright, Elena. When we get inside, please, be completely honest with them" Mason said. I only got more nervous.

"Okay," I responded, hoping he couldn't hear the fear behind my answer.

We walked into the building. It was... a doctor's office? Why were we here? A man came walking to the front desk.

"Hello. Are you here for Elena russo pierce?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, we are," mason replied.

"Alright. You can walk through this door on your right," the doctor instructed. We did as he said. Then, he came to where we were at, and escorted us to another room. We sat down.

"Alright, Ms. Elena. I have heard that you were diagnosed with PTSD, with panic disorder. Can you tell me a little bit more about what has happened since your diagnosis?" The doctor asked.

"Well, sometimes, I would just get these flashbacks if I walk into my room, or even the house. I would start to get an attack. I keep having strange nightmares, and I feel really strange. I'm trying to change what I do in my daily routine, but I don't know," I replied.

I wasn't so sure of my answer, even though it was true.

"Alright. Well, Elena, I am going to be your Psychiatrist, Dr. hazel. I am prescribing you with a medicine called Xanax. Mason and I talked about it. The insurance covers it. When you start, do NOT take a whole pill right away. Cut it in half. I will keep in contact with you and Mason to make sure you're not over or under dosing. Take it when you feel an attack coming. If you have any questions about the medicine, please reach out to me," he said.

"Thank you, Dr. hazel. We will pick it up later today," mason said.

"You are welcome, sir. I hope to see you guys soon," Dr.hazel said, and left the room.

I didn't move right away. I was mad. How could Mason do this to me? We were supposed to talk about it, and he went behind my back! I decided not to say anything.

"Alright, Elena, let's go," Mason said.

I got up, and left without another word. We walked to the car. Mason unlocked it, and we got in, putting our seatbelts on. He didn't start driving right away.

"Listen, Lena, I know your-"

"Don't. Let's just go," I interrupted, furious.

Mason left without another word.

We got home after getting my medicine. All of my other brothers tried to welcome me, but I went straight to my room without another word. I could tell they were all confused, but they didn't say anything to me either.