Chapter 5

"Say Liam, let's go for a few drinks today! Noah will come too!" Insisted Jason as we finished the last lesson for today. "I can't really drink so I'll pass." "Come on dude~ You can just hang out with us, it's not necessary to drink if you can't." I let out a sigh and laughed it off. "Fine..." "Awesome!"

~~~

Late the evening, we walked outside of the school gate and waited for Noah. But the one who came was the strange guy from yesterday. "Long time no see Jason." He smirked as Jason showed a bashful expression. "What do you want? Just get the hell out of here." He semi-yelled only for the strange guy to walk even closer towards us. "And what if I don't?" "You..." Then he turned to look at me with a glare but he soon changed it into a smile.

"And who might you be~? Are you a friend of my cute Jason?" Confusion was all over my face as suddenly an arm warped itself around my shoulders. "That's right. Liam over here is our friend." I looked surprised to see Noah appear once again out of nowhere as he answered in my place. "I see I see. Well then, I'll be taking my leave. See you soon Jason~" With that, as much suddenly he appeared, as much quickly he left. Just who is this guy?

"Alex that bastard... He seriously appears wherever I go..." Whined Jason with an irritated look. I looked at Noah for a better explanation but he didn't said anything. I guess I will have to ask Jason but... Is it right of me to ask this? What if it's something too personal? "If I may ask, who was that guy?" I finally asked and Jason growled in anger.

"He's just an annoying guy who's bothering me since last year." "His name is Alex Thompson as far as I know. A third year in the art department." Continued Noah for Jason as he was too angry to even talk about him. "Listen here you two, we are going now for drinks like it or not!" He yelled as Noah shook his head in disappointment but a smile was still visible on his face. I in the other hand just smiled awkwardly at this situation. I felt out of place.

"Let's go!" With that, we made our way towards a small bar and sat there in silence drinking. That, until a certain someone started crying. "That bastard... I hate him! I hate him!" "Is he always like this?" I questioned Noah as Jason had slammed his head on the table, refusing to let go of his drink. "It may be surprising but Jason is actually a crybaby with a very low alcohol tolerance." Answered Noah with a smile as I took a sip of my coffee in slight worry.

"That bastard... how did he dare do something like this...!" "Come on now, everything will be alright. Stop crying." Noah tried to reassure Jason but to no avail. "Is he going to be alright?" I questioned and he answered with a disappointed face. "Just leave him be. The only thing we can do is to prevent him from drinking more than he already has." "I see..." "Excuse me? Could we have another bottle of water please?" "Absolutely. Please wait a moment." Said Noah to the bartender as he gave me a nob to look at Jason. Let's hope this works...

"Say, are you weak to alcohol?" Asked then Noah now turning to face me. "Actually, I shouldn't be drinking alcohol. It's not good for my health." I answered him with an awkward smile. "But coffee is? Doesn't this causes you anxiety because of the caffeine and triggers your epilepsy?" How does he knows this? "Did you do your search and know that my anxiety is a trigger for my epilepsy?" I asked, my tone filled with curiosity and slight amusement.

"What if I did?" He smirked and I let out a laugh. "If you did then you should had known that coffee surprisingly reduces my seizures." I continued laughing as I was honestly quite surprised that he even searched about those kind of things. Once I stopped, I looked to see Noah with sightly widened eyes. "You should laugh more often." He mentioned after a while with a kind smile. I didn't quite understood why but I was glad nonetheless as for some strange reason, my heart started beating faster than normal.

"Liiiaaammm~ Why don't you drink?" Questioned Jason, now with no longer tears in his eyes but rather, he wore a carefree smile on his face. "I'll pass." "Comee oonn, just a liiittle." "Leave him alone Jason. Liam can't drink so don't force him." "Whyy?" I mentally facepalmed myself and tried to think things through. Luckily the water we ordered had just come.

"Why don't we exchange drinks? I can't buy another drink so take mine and I'll take yours." "Suuure." I gave him the water that Noah just placed on a glass for Jason and I took his drink to the bar's counter. "With that I think we should be fine." Said Noah as he gave me a thumbs up.

"Y-you guys!" Coughed Jason once he had drank the whole glass of water. "This thing doesn't have any taste!" "It's fine as long as you won't collapse from the alcohol." Laughed Noah patting Jason on the back. "What are you talking about?" Questioned Jason and I knew that we had to somehow change the subject. "That's right! I know that you are also a second year but I never asked about your course."

With that, Jason smirked and pointed his thumb to himself looking all proud. Looks like we are safe for now. "Ha, I'm in the music department. I'm the lead guitarist of a band called Blazing Sky! You totally should come and watch us someday!" "What a lame name..." Commented Noah and Jason glared at him while yelling. "You are the lame one!" Those two are really best friends. I smiled drinking the rest of my coffee.

~~~

Once Jason had become more aware of himself and his mind became a little bit more clear, we left the bar walking back to school. "Man, what a tiring day..." Whined Jason holding his head due his hangover. "You really shouldn't drink at all if you become drunk with just one glass." Scolded Noah with me nodding in agreement. "You... Tch, I don't have the energy to argue right now. I'm going to sleep." Yawned Jason now walking back to the dorms. "Sure have a good night." "Rest well."

Jason was gone and me and Noah left standing in front of the school gate. "Are you sleepy, or awake enough for a walk?" The time was about eleven p.m and I was honestly quite awake. Drinking coffee played a big part of it. "I'm awake enough to accompany you." I replied as Noah gave me a smile. "Then let's go." With that, we started walking to the nearby park.

We walked in a slow pace. The night breeze feeling refreshing to my lungs. It was...quite relaxing. "Say Liam, I have a question for you." "Sure. Tell me." His voice sounded rather serious so I was preparing myself for something equally serious. "Did you have fun today?" "Eh?" That was the question he wanted to ask?! "You see, I don't want to force you sticking to us. If you don't have fun with us, we'll understand."  Ah... So that's what he meant.

"Jason was right, you ARE an idiot." I deadpanned as he stared at me with widened eyes. "If you seriously though that I would be hanging out with you guys if I didn't liked you, then you're wrong. It's the first time I made some actual friends and I'm honestly really happy about it." I walked towards the swings inside the park and sat on one of them.

"In other words, I had fun today!" I smiled as Noah brought a hand over his face and started laughing. "Hahaha, you really are something... I'm sorry for doubting you..." "Don't worry, I did the same in the beginning." I replied with a calm expression as he walked towards me bringing a hand in the front. "Let's be honest friends from now on, shall we?" I smiled and shook hands with him. "It's a deal."