Chapter 7 - A Dark Haze*

"You hit me." Jack whispered.

Third Person's Point Of View

The light cracks glistened through the small opened windows of the basement as the small child sat alone underneath the window, in the small square of sunlight.
Aisha's eyes were red from crying,
her face painted from dried tears,
her arms embracing her legs that were as close to her chest as she could go with her head buried in her nightgown all alone.

But was she truly alone?

.
.
.
.
.
.

Aisha's Point Of View

"Aisha....
My beautiful Aisha...
I'm so sorry..." I heard a faint voice behind me and I felt something around me, a presence. A familiar but yet so odd of a presence.

"Don't cry, Aisha...
Mom.... Help Aisha..."
Another voice trembled.

"STOP! PLEASE STOP!
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU ANYMORE!
BECAUSE OF YOU... HE HATES ME!"
I screamed.

A dark haze raised around me, whirling around and around like a storm, ready to finally engulf me whole.
I heard movement, footsteps, rapid footsteps if I may add, as if someone was running above me.
The door above swung opened and feet came running down.
The dark haze fluttered away in a mist, and completely disappeared.

"My lady! I'm so sorry." Nina came rushing towards me and swiftly wrapped her arms around me as she held me in her arms.
"Let me bathe you and take you back to your room, poor dear." She sighed.

Nina carefully picked me up and I quickly wrapped my arms around her neck.
She gave me one last glance before she started taking me up the stairs.
The dark haze followed behind us, but luckily, it stopped at the door of the basement before completely vanishing right before my eyes.

I nuzzled my face into Nina's arm as she carried me. I didn't even remember the way down into the basement, all I remembered was being dragged down there and then hearing screaming and arguing between people outside of the door.

We walked through a hallway, then back to the stairwell. Nina started making her way up the stairwell into the East Wing where my bathroom and bedroom reside. We continued through the hallway and within a few minutes we arrived in my bathroom.

"M'lady, do you want rose, lavender or poppy seed oil for your bath?" Nina asked

Poppy, it was always poppy.

"Lavender.... Let's try lavender." I replied.

When the oil set its presents in the air, for the first time in a while, I felt like my mind wasn't running rapidly.
I felt... Calm....
I could finally think easily.

"When do you think I can see Jack again?" I asked.

Nina stayed completely silent, as if she was trying to avoid answering my question.

"Nina?" I whispered.
"I'm not sure, my lady." She sighed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I closed my eyes, all sound had stopped until I opened them again and I was greeted by blue eyes once again.
"Aisha, nothing happened now.
The diary..... It's empty." Jack sighed as he sat down on my bed.

"Well that was a waste of time." I sighed as I rested my head on my vanity.

"Jack, we're going to the West Wing." I whispered.