Chapter 10 - Invited Guest

Helios's Point Of View

"Please follow me up to the guest room."

The maid directed me so I followed her.
She looked to be in about her mid thirties, she had what seemed to be long brown hair, but I couldn't tell the length as it was tied in a bun, the woman also had brown eyes, she was just maybe a little bit shorter than Jack.
As we made our way up the stairs, the mood of the mansion felt different from when I first walked inside. It felt more gloomy but also restless. The flooring was hardwood, as were the stairs,
one fall could probably seriously injury oneself.
The presentation of the home wasn't exactly warm or welcoming as one might anticipate for a home to be.

In fact, it did not feel like a home at all, it felt like a house.
A building with no welcoming, a building with no joy, a building with no living liveliness, a building with no sense of belonging, a building without love.
The building was nothing of a home, the building was nothing of livelihood, no, the building felt more like a prison, with perishing happy memories. But a few aspects did linger in the home, nothing like one might expect.
The mood of the atmosphere, the feelings that lingered in the house, was nothing but sadness, loneliness, remorse, confusion and hatred.
Although the house had rows of candles, it was still dark in the light, although the house was moderately bright.
Along the way and down one hall, darkness was kept awake with a couple rays of light that came through the clear wall. (Window)

One thing caught my eye in particular within the hall, is what kept in the darkness, roaming within the halls,
with shallow movements, not making a sound, but within these four wall, they were still bound.

"Miss, I do have a couple questions that will be rude of me to ask. I didn't think Aisha would know because she has not talked about her family much to me." I said.

"Go ahead and ask." The maid smiled.

"What is the name of this house?" I asked.

"This is house Savelli." She replied.

I had to do research on every noble families background when I was in training for being a priest, I also had connections.... At first, house Savelli wasn't wealthy but house Jordan was... Of which, the two families were united by marriage, it was so big that it made headlines in the newspaper. House Jordan consisted of a family of five. A husband, a wife, a son, and two daughters. But in the year 1870, the Jordan family fell into ruin and all of the family except one of the two daughters, mysteriously vanished out of high society, and I was unable to find any other information on the explanation as to why house Jordan fell or where house Jordan went. Putting that together, it still would not make sense. Why would an extremely wealthy house suddenly vanish without a trace, and leaving their daughter after her marriage?

My thoughts were interrupted when I was questioned.

"Sir, before you ask anything else, may I get your name and may I know how you met my lady?" Nina questioned.

"Oh.. Yes! How rude of me for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Helios Churchill. I am 16 years old and I am a pastor in training from the Baptist Church in town." I replied.

"She went all the way to town? Without telling anyone? Oh no... Master Savelli will not be happy about this..." Nina mumbled.

"Why would he be upset?" I asked.

"Umm... Nevermind about that." Nina quickly redirected.

As we walked through the hallway something caught my eye and made me stop. There was a huge portrait with a beautiful woman who looked like Aisha but older.