Chapter 14 - Locks To The Past*

Author's Note:
Here's a terrible map of the mansion that I made.

.
.
.
.

I put one foot forward and we made our way up to the West Wing.
As soon as we reached the top of the staircase there was a different aura to the house.
It did not contain the feeling of hatred, no, it was something worse.
The West Wing contained the feeling of sorrow and confusion.
The two feelings that I have felt on and off. But these two feelings were not the only feelings in aura, no, it contained a feeling that was close to something that I haven't experienced in a long time as I had given up on it many years ago, the feeling of limerence.
The mental state of profound romantic infatuation, deep obsession, and longing. The experience that ranges from euphoria to despair. All except, I felt nothing for wanting any sort of romantic love, the only love that I had once yearned for was parental love or any sort of assurance unconditionally.

It was a heart breaking feeling that I was experiencing. But it made me wonder who could have been feeling these types of feelings. It couldn't have been Alina, she shows herself as a child, she must have lost her life when she was a baby. That is the only logical answer because she can't be alive if I see her and then she just disappears into thin air.

It makes me wonder what other secrets that my parents must be hiding within this hell bent house.
Just thinking about it hurts my consciousness to even try to envision,
it hurts my heart to even think about it,
it hurts me to even try to imagine what my mother must have gone through in her marriage.
She must have been alone in her mind because of this longing feeling that I am feeling. It makes me wonder if this could be a restless emotion that was left in this house by my mother.
But it leaves me with a question,
why is there only this feeling in the West Wing but nowhere else in this house?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I am trapped...
I hate this feeling....
I hate this house...
It physically hurts...
I hate him...
.
.
.
.
.
Check the diary....
.
.
.
.
.

Aisha....

Aisha....

"Hey! Aisha!..."

"Are you okay, Aisha?" I tilted my head as a hand snapped me out of whatever I was in. It was Helios.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I want to check the diary and then we can keep going." I smiled.

I opened the diary, it was different this time. It was another diary entry.

Dear Diary, Bill was sweet today.
Bill bought me the new "Floris London Red Rose 1868" perfume!
It smells so lovely!
Sincerely, Ashley.

I closed the diary and held it close to my chest. It's nice to know now that at some point in my parents marriage that they might have been happy. I looked to my right and there was another pathway and a double door. Around a railing continuing down that path there was a single door.
To the left there was nothing, but in front of me there was another big open hallway that was dimly lit. (Visual map)

"Which way do we want to go first?" Jack asked.
"Let's go left first." I stated.
"Left it is then." Helios complied.

We made our way down the rest of the hallway and we were greeted by a huge door. The door was unlike any of the other doors in the house, well, any of the doors in this house that I personally have seen. The door was actually a huge set of 2 metal doors. Each door had carvings of ivy that connected scattered roses together. The door handles were not knobs, no, they were rings. Between the two rings, on one door, there was a key hole.
Helios and I walked closer to the door. We both gave a quick glance at each other and then Helios pulled on one of the rings.

"It's locked." Jack sighed.
"Hang on, the key from behind that painting." I sighed.
"Who has it?" I asked.
"I do." Helios replied and held the key out.
I grabbed the key, turned around and walked back over to the door and inserted the key.
I tried to turn the key but to my dismay, it wouldn't budge.

"I don't think it's the right key. It won't turn to unlock the door." I sighed.

"Maybe it goes to one of the other rooms to the right." Helios smiled.

"Okay, hopefully you are right." I sighed but I still tried to give a faint smile as if saying that I was okay, even though I wasn't.

"Okay. Let's go try the key on one of the other doors then." I whispered as I turned around and made my way over to the right side of the West Wing.
I continued to walk until I stopped in front of another door.
The door was made from polished dark maple wood.
It gave off an unsettling feeling. I tried to turn the knob, but quite as expected of course, the door was locked.
There was a keyhole in the door so I put the key inside, turned it, and finally, a door unlocked. I quietly opened the door ever so slowly. It was dark in the room, as expected.
"Helios, light the oil lamp for me, please."
I stated.
"Okay." Helios replied.
Within a couple of moments Helios handed me the lit oil lamp.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"You're welcome." He replied.

I took a couple steps forward and a little ways in front of me was a desk. To the right there was an unlit fireplace. To the far corner left behind and to the left side of the desk was a bookshelf. To the left of me I felt an aura. The aura felt depressing and had a bit of a fury aura to it. I turned a little to my left and I was caught off guard.
In my father's office, on what was almost like a headless frame was a wedding dress. The wedding dress was for the most part white at the bottom, but as I wandered my eyes to look higher up to it, it wasn't white. It was red, like a fresh blood red. There was a flower on the left breast of the dress.
That's where the human heart is located.
The flower was a rose, a half white rose.
The top of the rose was white, but the bottom, it was wet with dark red blood. The blood didn't slide down onto the dress, no, it trickled.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.