Chapter 12 - Change*

Helios opened the door to the room that he was placed in, and sat down in a rocking chair in the room and Jack stood in front of him.

"Let me ask you something, Jack." Helios sighed, rubbing his eyes with a pinch at the bridge of his nose.

"Go for it." Jack replied.

"Why do you always degrade what Aisha says at every chance that you get? You two seem to have known each other since you were younger." Helios asked.

"First of all, it's none of your business what I do, and quite frankly, I don't appreciate you being here and encouraging this nonsense!" Jack replied in a harsh tone.

"What do you mean by nonsense?! First of all, I know it is real, Jack. I can feel it, I can hear it, I can sense it, I can see it.
Secondly, whether it be real or not you need to believe her! She needs that support from you and I as no one else will support anything that she says! What she needs is our support and belief, not our degradation!" Helios indignantly replied.

"What she needs is a doctor and psychiatric help!
Anything that I have seen must have a logical explanation behind it besides all of what she is saying!
She is mentally ill! She had developed delirium from the medication she was forced to take in the past! And with you encouraging her and with you encouraging her nonsense, it will only make it worse!" Jack yelled.

"Hahaha... You know, I feel so bad for Aisha. I truly do pity her." Helios faintly laughed while shaking his head.

"She doesn't need your pity!" Jack hissed.

"I feel bad for her because the person who she loves the most in this cold world is hiding behind a mask.
You Jackson Estridsen, are two-faced!
You keep leading this innocent girl on, and instead of nurturing her and trying to share the burden of her problems and difficulties, you degrade her and you put more difficulties onto her by overlooking everything that she says.
Do you have no sense of shame?
Do you have no sense of guilt?" Helios gritted.

Helios stood up from the chair, and took compelling strides towards Jack, until he stood in front of him, just inches away from his face.

"Do you not feel bad that you lie to the person that you supposedly love the most in this world, Jack?
Do you have no sympathy at all as you brush off or comment negatively on everything that she does or says behind her back, and even when you have the guts to do it to and in front of her face, Jack? What type of a "friend" are you, Jack? What type of a "fiancé" are you, Jack? Better yet, what type of a "man" are you, Jackson?" Helios growled.

"You really want to know what type of a friend that I am, Helios?
I am the type of friend that is going to get her the psychiatric help that she needs.
You want to know what type of a fiancé that I am? I am the type of fiancé that is going to get her the mental help that she needs.
And finally, you want to know what type of a man that I am?
I am the type of man that is not going to let some outsider stand in my way, I am the type of man that is not going to let some outsider get into our affairs and I am definitely the type of man that isn't going to let some outsider stop me!
I made a promise to her mom that I would protect her and be here for here.
And that's exactly what I'm trying to do!" Jack yelled.