Chapter 13 - The Woman of Mirage

Aisha's Point Of View

I heard everything.
Jack truly doesn't believe me, but he believes in one thing. He doesn't believe that I am lying, but he believes that I am mentally ill.
He probably thinks that I am a burden to him. I walked over to my vanity and there sat my mother's music box.
I picked it up and wounded it, then placed it back down and opened it.
It played a beautiful melody that I didn't know the name of.
I looked at myself in the mirror, placing my hand on it.

"Why doesn't Jack truly believe me?
Am I actually crazy?
Am I actually fooling myself?"
I whispered.

I stood there in one place in my room in complete and utter shock.
My eyes burned as they threatened to spill even just one tear drop from one of my eyes as my mouth stayed slightly agaped, almost as if my jaw was locked.
I quickly shut my jaw and clenched it, unknowingly at the same time I was biting my lip all up until the iron taste of blood slightly grazed my tongue.
I didn't realize that I was tightly bawling my first until I felt the burning sensation of my nails digging into my skin on my palms.
My door opened, Jack and Helios made their way in with powerfully alluring deep strides across the wooden flooring below their feet.

Jack sleeked his hair back to one side with one hand as the other stayed halfway in his pocket as he walked into my room, inching one step at a time closer to me.
I was on the brink of tears after hearing what he said while I was unintentionally ease dropping. I dropped my gaze to the ground, my chin followed.
I couldn't bring myself to look at him.
A hand then lightly gripped under my jaw, it slightly nudged my chin as my head was tilted up to be met with another face. The face that I didn't want to see, but the face that I couldn't bring myself to completely hate.

"What's wrong, Aisha?" Jack asked as he brushed away another tear as it slid down my face. I felt like I was hyperventilating as my lips started to tremble.
He leaned in ever so close to my ear.
"Stop biting your lip, Aisha. You're going to bruise it and then your lips will be chapped." Jack whispered.

I finally slapped his hand away from my face, and words finally left my sore throat,
"DO NOT TOUCH ME." I tried to scream as loud as I could, but it was only a faint pitch that left my mouth. I pursed my lips, trying to not lose my temper completely and start screaming.

"Aisha, you're acting like a child.
Stop screaming at me and calm down, Aisha." He took a step closer to me again, but this time with open arms.
"Give me a hug Aisha, and everything will be okay." He stated as he then wrapped his arms around me and held my head close to his chest.
"We made such good progress together yesterday, remember?
You were calm, we got to go outside of the property, and you were freeing your mind. You were so good yesterday. So please, let's not ruin that progress today, love. So please, calm down." Jack said so calmly.

I brought my palms to his chest and pushed him back and he stumbled back. Jack flinched as he took a step to my left, and out of my way with a faint gasp that left his mouth. I quickly made my way over to Helios and threw myself into his arms.

"Angel?" Helios asked as I looked into his shocked green eyes that soon turned soft as his eyes grazed to my lips. At that moment I felt the blood seep out of the wound on my lip, it slightly burned and I felt another tear threatening to slip out of my eyes once again.

In a movement that slightly shocked me, I felt Helios's thumb lightly graze my lip, wiping away the blood that lingered upon it.
After that one nurturing caress, the tears finally spilled from my eyes like a rushing river.
I threw my head into the crook of his neck and clutched his shirt into my fists and he fell backwards, landing in a seated position onto my bed.
A minute passed and I felt one of Helios's hands on the back of my head, the other hand of his was wrapped around my back. His hand slowly but ever so carefully made small circles upon my back.