Chapter 17 - Through His Eyes

Present Time

Bill's Point Of View

I stepped out of my office and made my way down the stairs. I made it to the front door and offered one final glance behind me and then walked out of this dreaded mansion. I know one person that can help me as of right now, that man is no other than James Estridsen.

As I stepped onto the path that led me out of my house, I glanced up at the clear blue sky. The sun shone brightly, casting a warm glow on the white snow. Birds chirped melodiously, adding a touch of harmony to the scene. My carriage stood ready nearby, its polished mahogany exterior gleaming in the morning light.

Davidson dressed in a smart livery, sent me off with farewells as he opened the carriage door for me. I gracefully climbed aboard, settling into the plush velvet seat, which offered a comfortable ride. The carriage itself was a marvel of craftsmanship, adorned with intricate carvings and a soft cushioned interior.

"Wait a minute, Davidson. You're coming with me." I sighed.

"Then who will watch the young miss and young sir?" Davidson asked.

"I believe Nina can handle a couple children herself, Davidson." I gritted.

And with that, Davidson climbed into the carriage and sat across from me.

With a gentle flick of the reins, the driver urged the horses forward, and the carriage began its slow, rhythmic journey through the large property.
As the carriage meandered along the winding road, the clip-clop of the horses' hooves echoed through the street, blending with the sounds of howling winter wind.
After what seemed like a leisurely drive, the carriage finally arrived at James' residence. My anticipation grew as he alighted from the carriage. As a due of respect, I thanked my driver.
I walked up the stone steps, the heavy oak door creaking open as I entered James' home.

Inside, the house was adorned with ornate furniture, velvet drapes, and exquisite paintings that adorned the walls. The crackling sound of a fireplace filled the room, casting a warm and inviting glow. James, dressed in a tailored waistcoat and polished shoes, greeted me with a firm handshake and a warm smile.

"Ah Bill, you dropping my boy off so soon?" James asked.

"No, he is still with Aisha. I just came by because we need to talk." I sighed as I sat down in the nearest chair I could find.

"Do you want some Brandy?" James smiled, holding up a bottle of Brandy and two glasses.

"Sure, pour me a glass." I replied.

James then walked over and handed the Brandy to me and he sat down.

"What's going on, Bill?" James asked.
"You never come to my house, let alone step foot out of your own house." He laughed.

"She's figuring things out but I think Ashley is manipulating her and I can't stop thinking about Ashley's grieving.
I can hear her at night, haunting me, tormenting me for everything that has happened.
I can hear her screaming and crying.
I can see the memories." I grit as I tighten my fists.
"I can hear her voice repeating over and over again, 'where is my baby?' so innocently." I felt a tear drop from my eyes.

"It sounds like to me you're feeling guilty, Bill. Let's try another treatment session, shall we? Let's make your mind take a walk through the past. And when you open your eyes, you will tell me everything that you saw." James replied calmly.

And within that moment I closed my eyes.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A Look Into The Past......