Chapter 15 - The Uncanny Room

"What in the actual hell?!" I whispered.

"Oh my God.... Is that.... A wedding dress?" Helios asked.

"That dress.... What if that dress is my mom's?... That's my.... mom's.... That's my mom's wedding dress..." I covered my mouth. I was left in shock with many questions running rapidly through my mind all at one time.

Helios moved over to the desk and went behind it. He pulled open a drawer.

"I found another key...." Helios whispered.

"Oh that's just lovely." I replied.

"This dress doesn't settle well with me." Helios sighed.

"Well, it doesn't settle well with us either, it's bloody." Jack replied sarcastically.

"That's not what I mean, Jack.
There is a white eternal rose resting where the heart would be on a person. The flower is in a wilting position but it's not wilting. A wilting flower represents sadness or greif, it's also a symbol of a lack of hope. With the rose being white, it represents the message of swearing your whole life to someone. It also means purity, young love, innocence, eternal loyalty and a new beginning." Helios replied.

"It doesn't matter what it means. What matters is that we need to leave." Jack murmured.

"But..." I stopped.

Jack slightly grabbed my wrist.
"Aisha.... Don't test me right now. We need to leave this room." Jack growled.

I didn't want to argue with Jack so I just slightly kept my head down and stayed silent. Jack looked over at Helios and scoffed at him. He moved his hand and instead of letting go of my wrist, he just moved it lower and intertwined our fingers with one another.
Jack gave a final glance at Helios and smirked at him, as if sending a message of dominance or as a show off of what power that he held, whether it be power over me or what power that he held in general.

"Let's go and get this over with." Jack sighed.

We turned around and Jack opened the door and we walked out as Helios followed our lead, well rather Jack's lead.
"Where to now?" Helios asked.

"Let's go try this new key on the same door." I replied.

"Okay." Helios responded.

We walked back over to the same doors that we first tried. Helios of course led the way and stopped in front of the door once again. He inserted the key and tried to turn it, but he stopped.
"It's not the right key. That means that this key has to go to that other room." Helios stated.

"Alright, let's go to the other door and test it on that one." Jack sighed which clearly showed that he was annoyed.

"Wait.... Don't you guys think it's weird that we haven't seen my father anywhere since we were supposed to go to bed? What if he is in there?" I asked.

"Then we make a run for it." Jack replied.

"Okay." I whispered.

We made our way over to the door and walked past my father's office. We made a turn to the right of the railing. We made yet another stop in front of another door.
"This has to be my dad's room since the other doors are locked and the other room is his office." I whispered.

I wiggled the knob, and just like everything else, it was locked.
"Helios, hand me the other key, please." I stated and Helios handed me the key. I inserted the key into the keyhole and turned it.