Chapter 5

visions in bold
Eleanora pov
I came up from the autopsy room, I just finished my once over of the body. I found something I needed to talk to Ambrose about, a possible Witches mark. Every witch has one, the bigger, the more powerful. I had a Witches mark starting on my left knee and snaked its way up to the back of my shoulder blades, it wrapped around my stomach. It looks like a tattoo but to a witch it is a symbol of power. Sabrina didn't have one, maybe it was because she inherited more of our mothers human side.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Sabrina and aunt Hilda having a conversation about the weird sisters. Those three witches were some of my best friends. They didn't care that I was half witch all they cared about was I was powerful. They told me they took care of their own and I was one of their own after I sighed the book.

"Oh, aunt Hilda, the weird sisters are horrible. Everyone who goes to that academy is snobby and horrible and racist."

"Why on earth would they curse you for no reason?" Was aunt Hilda's question.

"Don't worry, I washed it off me." She couldn't honestly believe that Prudence would let her escape a curse that easily. Prudence with smart cunning and ruthless just like me. That's why she was my second sister, my best friend.

"Well, We're going to check that for sure" Hilda announced as Zelda walked into the room smoking her cigarette.

" They are jealous of you. You're the daughter of a High Priest. Who are they?" She scoffs, "nobodies" It took all the effort I had pretend that I didn't want to curse the all for disrespecting my friends, I just stood to the side and watch the show unfold.

"But that's precisely why you need a familiar. To protect you from these sort of attacks" Zelda may not show it but under her cold mask I could tell that she cares but I just wish it was for me.

" I tried summoning one."

Hilda past her an egg to crack. She cracked it and the yolk was black, Ahh a blood curse. Good one Prudence. I returned to my room trying not to laugh.

As I through myself onto my bed, I was sucked into a vision. I can't control my visions or what I see in them, however they were all important and a message.

I stood in the middle of a forest, a dark wood. I saw two figures which looked like my mother and father, I knew they didn't love me like they did Sabrina but I still followed them.

They were candles lining the path to an altar. Two babies were there, one crying loudly the other completely silent as the two figures stepped apart. They revealed the two children. One was my sister. I knew because the babies were both naked and one didn't have a witches mark while the other did, my witches mark.

Something shocked me, the baby that was Sabrina had what looked like goat hooves while the other baby, who was me, had horns and two tiny black wings.

I stood there before the two babies, unable to comprehend what any of this ment.

I then came out believed to be out of a horrific vision. Usually I understood my visions but this one was different. I had no idea what it was meant to mean or how it would affect my future. Sabrina walked out of the bathroom, she was still wet from her bath but  looked shaken as well. She must have had a similar or same vision.

She put on her dressing gown and pyjamas then walked out of the room rushing up to Ambrose's room. He had told me about the spell and I was so in for it so I followed her.
As I went into Ambrose's room he had his record player on playing. "I put a spell on you..."

It was one of his favourites but he played it so much that I grew sick of it after 6 millionth time of listening. I ignored Sabrina standing waiting for Ambrose and flung myself next to him on the bed, he held pictures of the principal of her mortal school.

Sabrina finally looked at me for when she did. It was in distaste, Ambrose put his arm around me before speaking which drew my twins attention.

"This is not like you, cousin, using witchcraft to settle a personal vendettas." That was true, it was more my style of dealing with a situation but when my twins heart was set on something, she would do anything to get it. She may hate me and never talk to me but when we were young I tried to get closer to her so I had observed her. Of course it didn't work but I still remember everything I learned about her behavioural habits. I had given up on trying to be real sisters when I was 11.

I remember my last attempt of trying to become her friend, I just read a book that Father Blackwood had given me and I wanted to share it with her. However, when I tried to tell her about it, she just took it from my hands and threw it across the room. I left crying into Ambrose's arms. I sobbed into him, telling him how much I wanted to have a sister but she just wouldn't like me.

At that moment he told me that he would always be there for me.